Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphachloralose... available online?

• 11-02-2010 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

just wondering... I've been trying to find someone to sell this elusive "Pied Piper Crow and Pigeon" online... however no luck.

No, I'm not going to use it for birds!

Here I have a huge rat problem. I used to use a brand of alphachloralose rat poison, and it would kill them instantly, but I ran out of it last year, and the company replaced it with something like difenacoum which takes upto 10 days and they hardly eat it.

The only alphachloralose I can find available these days is that in this Pied Piper stuff, and that doesn't seem to be sold in the UK.

Well I thought the rats had gone away last week, but they are back running around in my ceiling all last night, and have even made a 4" x 6" hole in the outside wooden wall! I dread to think what happens if they get inside.....

Anyway, if anyone knows of anywhere that might stock this online, I would be eternally grateful.

regards,

-rapido

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 patbuckley

did you ever manage to find some......i'm looking for it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

patbuckley wrote: »

That post was nearly 6 years old - hope he found something or he could have been eaten by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

patbuckley wrote: »

The product(Pied Piper Crow and Pigeon) was banned from sale many years ago when the poisoning of crows/pigeons(or any other bird) became illegal.

The chemical in question is now only licenced for use indoors or in covered bait boxes as a rodenticide.

Advertisement