Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco 1200

Options
  • 11-02-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi

I’ve got a Cisco 1200 AP that i would like to use to extend the range on my Broadband connection.

I have it connected to a Voyager Modem/router from BT.(now Vodafone:()

It has been assigned an IP in my range and I can access the setup page of the Cisco but don’t know what to do next! can anybody help?

I want it setup to send the wireless signal as far a possible, long story short (the modem is in a cabin across the yard and i was hoping to send the wireless signal into the house across the yard. Approx 40/50 ft from the Log cabin to the house.
    Nobody lives around so I’m not to worried about security!

any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Just go to express security on the left, you can put in your ssid (name of network) and whatever security you like (None if you must)

Then if you have it already defaulted then go to the 802.11G radio settings and enable it.

Any questions let me know,

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

thanks for the info ed. sounds easy.

Ill try it out and saturday and see how i get on.

do you know what kind of range i could expect to get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭FLievre

What you could do is that id the primary router modem has DHCP capabilities, just set the second router as DHCP client AND server meaning that the second router will just be a bridge and no settings to change. That is what I used to do when working with Tranzeo, if it works with massive links it should work with smaller links too...:D

Advertisement