Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Moderator hurts and upsets me

Options
  • 11-02-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have asked a few times about this but no conclusive answer.

I am a practicing Christian who found his faith while working in a J1 visa in the States. I found peace with the Lord via Evangelism.

Your Moderator PDN hurts and upsets me by his continual use of his tag line.

Definition of TV Evangelism - A case of the bling leading the blind.

If he was a Moderator in any other area of the website I would not be upset but as a Christian he needs to show respect.
    He is always closing threads because he says people are being disrespectful He told me he is a practicing minister in a Church and I asked could I attend and he said no?????

What sort of minister turns people away from celebrating the gospel?

Will the tag line stay or do you feel that upsetting Evangelism in a Christian forum is OK.

Many Thanks

Winty

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Winty wrote: »

Will the tag line stay or do you feel that upsetting Evangelism in a Christian forum is OK.

Winty, there is nothing wrong with his tagline and he is perfectly entitled to have it.
    Might I suggest a thicker skin on your part, it makes life much easier in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Have you tried disabling signatures in the userCP? Its near the bottom of the "edit options" page, the first of three checkboxes is Display Signatures (its in the Thread Display options section of the page). This way, he keeps his signature but you dont get offended by it anymore.

Out of curiosity, are you offended at his criticism of Evangelism in general or of TV evangelism in particular? to me his sig would suggest the latter is the target specifically because of the mixture of showmanship and , in some cases, blatant displays of wealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

Thanks for confirmation that some Christians are more important that others.
    If somebody finds the love of the Lord and chooses to offer a donation that is their choice.

What about the hundreds of little old ladies you pay money to Catholic Priests is that different? The Vatican is more of an art Gallery than a Church.

When Jesus the Lord returns to walk with us will he sit beside the Pope in a gold palace or walk with the people.

You have made it clear that your Friend PDN the Minister in a Church is more important than I a crazy Evangelist

For such a liberal website you stink of hypocrisy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Winty wrote: »
    He told me he is a practicing minister in a Church and I asked could I attend and he said no?????[/I][/COLOR]

What sort of minister turns people away from celebrating the gospel?

That is untrue, I never said 'no'.

Good grief, I'm a minister in an evangelical church and I often visit other churches as a visiting evangelist. As such, my tag line doesn't upset me at all.

Advertisement