Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Buyers Mortgage

Options
  • 11-02-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Just wondering where the best place is to go for a First Time Buyers Mortgage (single applicant)

I have a bank account already with AIB

I'm pretty sure 100% mortgages are no more?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Heard on Ireland AM this morning that AIB and BOI have 40% share each of all the new Mortgages recently (can't remember the period) so they would represent where most people are going. There could be a duopoly soon enough in the Mortgage market.

Not sure this helps but more information is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

There is no 'best place'. There are only a few banks/building societies. Ring each of them, find out how much they'll lend, and what their rates are. Then get all your info together, (they'll send you their mortgage pack saying what they need) and then go visit each one. You'll need to know how much you have in savings, how much you earn, is your job secure, how much you can repay (taking into account bills etc) and you'll get a ball park figure. The property pages in the Irish Times Thurs and the Indo will give you mortgage rates, and this willl let you look at how much you'll repay at various rates for various borrowings.

Don't forget to look at how much you'll need to pay upfront for solicitor, survayor etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bob2oo7 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure 100% mortgages are no more?
    The current suggestions are no better than 80-92%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sadie89

Just got fully approved from ICS alot of to-ing and fro-ing but got it in the end the most you will get from any bank at the moment is 92%. I only got 90% myself as the "rules" changed within the few weeks it took for me to get approved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Guell72

Dont forget to shop around for your solicitor and surveyor. You should be able to get the conveyancing done for less than €1000 and the surveyor should be less than €250.

• Advertisement
Advertisement