Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELICOPTER OVER FINGLAS

Options
  • 11-02-2010 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Did anyone else out there hear a helicopter over Finglas area at 4am this morning.
    My mate did but reckon it was aliens over her house hahahah:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Are you serious? this is Dublin., lol.,:D

I hear helicopters all night every night. the cops should get some super duper quiet one, you can hear then coming from miles away.,

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

sure the 'coper is out every night/all night in finglas

but there was yet another armed check point on the ratoath road at 8am this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 freeatlast

Yeah, they often stay up over Finglas for hours. Sunday nights are a sure thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD.

GET THE TIN FOIL HATS OUT, A HELICOPTER IS ABOUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

One man was killed after a single vehicle accident in Dublin at the junction of Kilshane Drive and the Ratoath Road in Finglas.

The accident happened at about ten past two and the road has been closed for a technical examination.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The Duk wrote: »
    One man was killed after a single vehicle accident in Dublin at the junction of Kilshane Drive and the Ratoath Road in Finglas.

The accident happened at about ten past two and the road has been closed for a technical examination.

Thats the press release The Duk.

I drove past there this morning, it certainly didn't happen at that junction as I drove on Kilshane Drive.

Looked to me it happened on Ratoath Rd near where the water still leaks onto the road, its lethal down there. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Very frosty out last night too and if that's where it happened anybody going slightly over the speed limit is taking their life into their hands.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Had my car written off there last year. (Guy in a van coming the other way lost control on the ice). Must make a note to avoid it if it's frosty again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭tk123

gurramok wrote: »
    Thats the press release The Duk.

I drove past there this morning, it certainly didn't happen at that junction as I drove on Kilshane Drive.

Looked to me it happened on Ratoath Rd near where the water still leaks onto the road, its lethal down there. RIP.

RIP to the poor guy :(

It was closed just at dunsink lane and just after the lights at the cappagh road junction. I drove all the way up tolka valley road and then joined the rest of the traffic down to dunsink lane where we all did u turns in formation. The police should have been further up the road imo - a lot safer to turn before it gets narrow down there.
    Anyhoos I've been taking this route twice a week for the last month (the dog goes to day care at ballycoolin :pac:) and there's always a checkpoint or two either in the morning or evening - armed garda on friday morning just gone(!) Is it considered a dodgy area or what? I take this route because it's quicker for me then turning off finglas road, down to church st/cappagh road etc

hahaha yeah Finglas West is considered a dodgy area by a lot of people. Lot of gangland crimes/drug dealing go on around the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Another check point this evening - it's a handy shortcut thou! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

hahaha yeah Finglas West is considered a dodgy area by a lot of people. Lot of gangland crimes/drug dealing go on around the area.

A few fcuking idiots for sure but most are decent,law-abiding people.

Degsy wrote: »

Ah of course Degsy! I live in Finglas West so know that the good residents outweigh the bad residents any day. It's just unnerving when you're walking into Dunnes Stores on Cardiffsbridge Road and there's a skinny skobie wearing a balaclava right outside the door!

Ah of course Degsy! I live in Finglas West so know that the good residents outweigh the bad residents any day. It's just unnerving when you're walking into Dunnes Stores on Cardiffsbridge Road and there's a skinny skobie wearing a balaclava right outside the door!

I just laugh at them..boys will be boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

/Banned for telling lies :pac:

Oi you :mad::mad:

Sorry,forgot about irishbird:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

irishbird wrote: »
    Oi you :mad::mad:

You didn't think I'd really banned a future Mod of DCF did you?..
    I MAY OR MAYNOT BE SPOOFING

About as much chance of that occuring as Kyle Maynard beating Mirko Cro Cop!

About as much chance of that occuring as Kyle Maynard beating Mirko Cro Cop!

will stop getting banned from everywhere :P

seriously though, as mentioned before the gardai should have done a better job at diverting the traffic. the cars were all doing U'turns on my road, took me ages to get out

• Advertisement

i actually meant, he wast lie good people like me live there :P

Advertisement