Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Materialistic Junk I WANT thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

kateos2 wrote: »
    hpnbsstime_f.jpg

Anybody want to give me $225?

Sure, hang on...I've to go toilet soon!

I can only give it to you in denominations of €50 though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Canon-EF-50mm-f-1.8-II-Lens.jpg

Would sell myself for this D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I want a chocolate bar...
    Preferably a Dairymilk Gold Crisp one..
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Canon-EF-50mm-f-1.8-II-Lens.jpg

I just picked up a 50mm.. They're great :D

marko93 wrote: »
    I just picked up a 50mm.. They're great :D

Aaaaargggh! I would consider prostitution to finance one* :pac:

*not really

• Advertisement

Aaaaargggh! I would consider prostitution to finance one* :pac:

*not really

I traded in my 18-55mm for it, and it only cost me 50 quid :)

I traded in my 18-55mm for it, and it only cost me 50 quid :)

I like landscapes so wouldn't give up my 18-55mm, I'll just have to wait, *sigh*

I like landscapes so wouldn't give up my 18-55mm, I'll just have to wait, *sigh*
    Ahhhh, thats where we differ. Landscapes arent my thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

colt002ml0.jpg

But first I'd have to get one of these

Irish_Drivers_Licence.jpg

And actually bother learning to drive

...one day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Bugatti-Veyron-16.4-Super-Sport-2-650x433.jpg

just for the lulz after I win the euromillions :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3D895TM_OxAO9UpiCbk4XET5uXTTGLKUyaeWY9J2B0QmTT7Iv
    ipod touch 64gb...in my dreams :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

haha an Apple product... fitting right into the junk thread ;)

haha an Apple product... fitting right into the junk thread ;)
    i like them :) last a good 6/7 years.

I joke, dont mind them. All overpriced tho.. except iPod touches :p so i have time for them

I joke, dont mind them. All overpriced tho.. except iPod touches :p so i have time for them
    totally agree!! ridiculous like. i only want the ipod touch for the amazing memory :) not fussed with the touch screen aspect .

Well what kind of portable device would you buy without a touch screen??? Its the OS that counts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

musical.x wrote: »
    totally agree!! ridiculous like. i only want the ipod touch for the amazing memory :) not fussed with the touch screen aspect .

If you're looking for memory, go for the iPod Classic instead.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Cydoniac wrote: »

This.
    Why on earth would you want an ipod touch for memory when you can get a classic with so much more memory for nearly the same price!

I've got a classic and recently acquired an iphone (free seeing as my dad was upgrading!) and music wise my classic will always trump it! It just holds so much without space being taken up by unnecessary extras!

I don't think I would ever get a touch now comparing the two

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Nifty Fifty

Bought one recently. They are amazing and fairly cheap. €80 if you are willing to buy online. Do it! :D

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Bought one recently. They are amazing and fairly cheap. €80 if you are willing to buy online. Do it! :D

I'm not doing peoples photography so have a spare €90 in the credit union!

So Tempting :(

I'm getting some money for babysitting too, might get one soon :eek:

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »
    i just found them! most shops here only have the ipod touch! hmm i might get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

This.
    Why on earth would you want an ipod touch for memory when you can get a classic with so much more memory for nearly the same price!

Because the touches do a lot more than the classics. Also, the Classics have hard drives, while the touch has flash memory, which is more compact and a hell of a lot more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Jay P wrote: »
    Because the touches do a lot more than the classics. Also, the Classics have hard drives, while the touch has flash memory, which is more compact and a hell of a lot more reliable.

I have my iPod Classic for over 3 years now and it's still going strong... have you actually heard of anyone's class hard drive giving up??? they're pretty reliable...

flash memory is still far too expensive especially in ipods..

sure you can get a classic for the cost of an 8gb ipod touch :rolleyes: classic has 20 times as much storage..

€28.62 per GB in the 8GB touch
    €9.34 per GB in the 32GB touch
    €6.23 per GB in the 64GB touch
    €1.43 per Gb in the 160GB classic....

so basically the classic is 4 times cheaper per unit of storage than the best value touch... while also offering 2.5 times as much storage... I know which one I want if I want something to play music on...

apps might be a big selling point but seriously - are they worth that much??? pick up an android phone with your change and you can have the android market... mightn't be as big as the itunes app store but for value for money I know what I'd get

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I have my iPod Classic for over 3 years now and it's still going strong... have you actually heard of anyone's class hard drive giving up??? they're pretty reliable...

Well yeah, actually. I had one, which broke three months after I got it, my brother had two, and they both broke. A few friends from college had Classics, and none of them have lasted very well. All of them slowed slowed down considerably after a year at most, and quite a few just stopped working. That said, anecdotal evidence is not hard fact, so you can take that as you will.

I had a Touch, and it was class, until it was stolen. The only trouble I ever had was when I updated the software to iOS 4.0, and that was because the hardware wasn't designed to run it.

And I'm not arguing against the price, they are insanely expensive, there's no doubting that, but I think they're the market leaders in terms of features, ease of use and design.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Jay P wrote: »

Everything said below.

We have had a number of classics in my house and when I did have one problem apple replaced the ipod straight away. They are all about 2/3 years old now and still going as well as they did when we first got them.

No one else that i know has had a problem with them either.

The only thing that a touch has over a classic is apps and they are just a gimmick, not worth the extra money at all. And they take up more space that could be used for music.
    johnmcdnl wrote: »

flash memory is still far too expensive especially in ipods..

sure you can get a classic for the cost of an 8gb ipod touch :rolleyes: classic has 20 times as much storage..

€28.62 per GB in the 8GB touch
    €9.34 per GB in the 32GB touch
    €6.23 per GB in the 64GB touch
    €1.43 per Gb in the 160GB classic....

so basically the classic is 4 times cheaper per unit of storage than the best value touch... while also offering 2.5 times as much storage... I know which one I want if I want something to play music on...

apps might be a big selling point but seriously - are they worth that much??? pick up an android phone with your change and you can have the android market... mightn't be as big as the itunes app store but for value for money I know what I'd get

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I've had a classic since fifth year, only problem I have with it is that it's full....

And realistically, carrying 80GB of music with me at all times is a bit pointless, so I can probably free up some space.

It'll probably last me another year, battery's going strong etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

emporio-armani-ar-0180-watch.jpg

iphone-4-top-new-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

When i win Euromillions i am buying

Many of these

hummer1.jpg

this place
    bethnal-green1.jpg&usg=AFQjCNH5oUGrOeuMkNteSH_2I7CqCV3aYQ

and um.....

rihanna.jpg&usg=AFQjCNEFAlxA3dMeh71rUEYd1SDf2uCGwA

motherofgod.jpg

I'm not doing peoples photography so have a spare €90 in the credit union!

So Tempting :(

I'm getting some money for babysitting too, might get one soon :eek:

Do what I did, just bite the bullet and buy one :)

• Advertisement

Do what I did, just bite the bullet and buy one :)

I'll have to source €40 first!

Advertisement