Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Materialistic Junk I WANT thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Thereyou go. It's a boxset of all the movies over 19 discs with a load of special features, has blu ray and DVD discs. I think the book is a load of photos from throughout the movies.

The normal boxset is like half the price but doesn't look anywhere as cool as that.

Despite having the first 7 dvds i may need to buy this....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/LENOVO-G575-156andquot-Laptop-Black/306768/301

Trying to convince Dad to buy me it :pac:

Mine won't charge at all :(

I'ts four years old though so it needs changing anyway :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/LENOVO-G575-156andquot-Laptop-Black/306768/301

Trying to convince Dad to buy me it :pac:

Mine won't charge at all :(

I'ts four years old though so it needs changing anyway :/

That's some bargain :O And better still it looks like a good laptop..
    My laptop needs to be repaired, screen keeps going bust :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Hey, Boards! I've got around €400-500 to spend on a laptop right now, so I'd appreciate your recommendations. I want to be able to use it for general use and DJing (then again I don't think Ableton, Traktor and VirtualDJ are very demanding programs, I think I could nearly handle them on a netbook (but don't want a netbook)), and to be used with the two other pieces of materialistic junk that I WANT:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/numark_mixtrack_pro.htm (going to do a bit of work for some of my friends so I can afford this)
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/novation_launchpad.htm (probably as a Christmas present)

*sigh* The pains of an unemployed materialist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Oh man, wanting that Mixtrack and Launchpad so badly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Get the pink laptop Colm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Launchpad looks like a poorly drawn monome!

Launchpad looks like a poorly drawn monome!

Admittedly yes, but much cheaper than monome and still has a lot of potential:

I've seen loads of those videos where DJ's do on the fly mixes using either those or the Akai APC40, what I never understood is how do they remember what every button does and not make a mistake? Where do you even start constructing a mix like that?

You have to start by extracting your samples\effects (or even instruments) in Ableton and assigning them to the buttons on the pad, a long and boring process. Madeon does Launchpad sets for all his live shows and said the preparation for it is basically like working in Microsoft Excel.

As for not making a mistake.. I couldn't see it being that hard as long as your layout isn't confusing as ****. That, or all those videos on youtube are done after many, many failed takes.

EDIT: Anyway, laptop advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

32.jpg
    Idk man, I just always always always wanted one of these.
    And a trampoline.
    trampoline-homeowners-insurance.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I just realised I don't have a lunch box for tomorrow and I really need one, damn.

lunchbox.jpg

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I just realised I don't have a lunch box for tomorrow and I really need one, damn.

Tesco New Ross is 24hr, isn't it? Beat feet down there and pick up one of the reduced ones from back to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Tesco New Ross is 24hr, isn't it? Beat feet down there and pick up one of the reduced ones from back to school.
    It's not 24 hour anymore :( and I live in Waterford now...I actually may change my location on this :p. I'm gonna try run over to TK Max in the morning as soon as I wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

tr0llface wrote: »
    32.jpg
    Idk man, I just always always always wanted one of these.
    And a trampoline.
    trampoline-homeowners-insurance.jpg

You've just reminded me of a younger me circling things I REALLY wanted in the Argos catalogue...

I always wanted one of those fancy bunk bed yokes :(

http://www.play.com/Music/MusicDVD/4-/10150943/Oceansize-Feed-To-Feed/Product.html

10150943_500x500_1.jpg

Oh my god! I didn't even know this existed. 3 DVD's, 4 CD's. I want this more badly than anything else in the world. If someone bought it for me, I'd start crying, no joke. This is my idea of pure heaven :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I need to buy new clothes but I've feck all money. Good damn you enticing New Look window I pass almost daily.

I need to buy new clothes but I've feck all money. Good damn you enticing New Look window I pass almost daily.
    Student card that shit! Also, there's a sale on in newlook Arklow, Has it made it to the prehistoric West yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Student card that shit! Also, there's a sale on in newlook Arklow, Has it made it to the prehistoric West yet?

I hope it does soon! They're not that expensive to begin with really, but I need to keep a tight budget at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Xperia-Ray-3.jpg

While I've yet to do more research into possible options for a smartphone, the Xperia Ray just seems so delightfully nice. I just hope it isn't a bad phone (if you read this shadowninty, any thoughts? :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The Rays a really good phone. After making an absolute balls of their 1st android offerings, Sonys started doing it right recently with this,the Arc & the Neo. Facebook is everywhere on their phones though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Most high end Androids are very similar in spec, and are only really damaged by too much manufacturer input into the UI or by slow updates. Custom ROMs fix both of these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Mega Chin wrote: »
    The Rays a really good phone. After making an absolute balls of their 1st android offerings, Sonys started doing it right recently with this,the Arc & the Neo. Facebook is everywhere on their phones though :pac:

Ye, the review I'm reading on TechRadar makes mention of TimeScape's Facebook and Twitter feeds being crap, but I think they said it could be disabled (at least, the FB/Twitter stuff)
    Most high end Androids are very similar in spec, and are only really damaged by too much manufacturer input into the UI or by slow updates. Custom ROMs fix both of these issues.
    Oh... thanks for mentioning that, I'm gonna have to investigate that a bit - although, tbh, I've plenty of time since it'll probably end up being a present to myself at Christmas (if I can save enough by then).

If you're getting anything Xperia brand, you WILL need to switch to Cyanogen. Stock Timescape is bloody awful.

Colm! wrote: »
    If you're getting anything Xperia brand, you WILL need to switch to Cyanogen. Stock Timescape is bloody awful.

They got rid of Timescape and made it a few apps and Widgets. Should be grand Robby91

N64%20ROMs.jpg

Just these, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

A new MP3 player, non-Apple. It's incredible I've put up with all the iTunes bullhicky for this long, considering I never use it to buy things. An 80GB MP3 that lets me do what I want with my music with a minimum of hassle, yes please! People who know things about technology stuff, what's the skinny with regards MP3 players these days? What's a good one to get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

A new MP3 player, non-Apple. It's incredible I've put up with all the iTunes bullhicky for this long, considering I never use it to buy things. An 80GB MP3 that lets me do what I want with my music with a minimum of hassle, yes please! People who know things about technology stuff, what's the skinny with regards MP3 players these days? What's a good one to get?

SONY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    SONY!
    What Sony one has 80gb capacity? I've a Sony NWZ-A845(16gb) and while it has some very nice features and it's size is great (think iPod Nano 5th Gen), the major letdown is its low power (can't fully power my large headphones without a portable amp, has no problem with earphones) and it's lack of accessories. It is near impossible to get a dock for it.

Putting music on it is nice though. It supports Drag and Drop, a Sony propriety program, as well as WMP and other similar sync programs.

Advertisement