Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Materialistic Junk I WANT thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

254878.jpg

Well, not even this, just a new guitar in general. My acoustic is frustrating to say the least...

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

en-lgflag.gif

... in the play-offs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Jackobyte wrote: »
    What Sony one has 80gb capacity? I've a Sony NWZ-A845(16gb) and while it has some very nice features and it's size is great (think iPod Nano 5th Gen), the major letdown is its low power (can't fully power my large headphones without a portable amp, has no problem with earphones) and it's lack of accessories. It is near impossible to get a dock for it/

Putting music on it is nice though. It supports Drag and Drop, a Sony propriety program, as well as WMP and other similar sync programs.

I just want something that isn't such a pain in the ass to use. Is there a MP3 player you can just put music on, in an easy, uncomplicated way, that has a sizeable memory? Please note, I am aware that for some of you I have basically described the iPod, but I just don't fancy all the crap that comes with this thing anymore. The control over transferring libraries and whatnot, it irks me somewhat. The fact is, having all my library in the weird iPod files means I'd have re-burn/rob/steal/kill in order to move it to another player! Steve Jobs, you live on, even in death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

What Sony one has 80gb capacity? I've a Sony NWZ-A845(16gb) and while it has some very nice features and it's size is great (think iPod Nano 5th Gen), the major letdown is its low power (can't fully power my large headphones without a portable amp, has no problem with earphones) and it's lack of accessories. It is near impossible to get a dock for it.

Putting music on it is nice though. It supports Drag and Drop, a Sony propriety program, as well as WMP and other similar sync programs.

True thaat.. Although my one (I'm not sure what it is, it's new though cos I got it two weeks ago!) is deadly! The battery lasts ~6 days with a good bit of use each day and the sound is amazing, especially with the earphones that came with it!

As for the dock, I use my iPod dock and just connect it via a wire.. :)
    I just want something that isn't such a pain in the ass to use. Is there a MP3 player you can just put music on, in an easy, uncomplicated way, that has a sizeable memory? Please note, I am aware that for some of you I have basically described the iPod, but I just don't fancy all the crap that comes with this thing anymore. The control over transferring libraries and whatnot, it irks me somewhat. The fact is, having all my library in the weird iPod files means I'd have re-burn/rob/steal/kill in order to move it to another player! Steve Jobs, you live on, even in death.

Aaaaaaaah.. I dunno about anything that'd go as far as 80gb that wouldn't be Apple.. I think they're the only ones who offer mp3s that go up that high in memory, unless you can buy one online with an external memory source on and you can find a memory card to suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    What Sony one has 80gb capacity? I've a Sony NWZ-A845(16gb) and while it has some very nice features and it's size is great (think iPod Nano 5th Gen), the major letdown is its low power (can't fully power my large headphones without a portable amp, has no problem with earphones) and it's lack of accessories. It is near impossible to get a dock for it.

True thaat.. Although my one (I'm not sure what it is, it's new though cos I got it two weeks ago!) is deadly! The battery lasts ~6 days with a good bit of use each day and the sound is amazing, especially with the earphones that came with it!

As for the dock, I use my iPod dock and just connect it via a wire.. :)

Aaaaaaaah.. I dunno about anything that'd go as far as 80gb that wouldn't be Apple.. I think they're the only ones who offer mp3s that go up that high in memory, unless you can buy one online with an external memory source on and you can find a memory card to suit!
    Cowon do mp3 players with large memory as well. Can't remember the name but I know they have an IPod Classic challenger. They may be a little bit dearer, but sound quality is meant to be amazing, though I haven't tried one myself.

Noel, also, does your sony yolk have built in digital noise cancelling when you use the supplied headphones?

• Advertisement

Cowon do mp3 players with large memory as well. Can't remember the name but I know they have an IPod Classic challenger. They may be a little bit dearer, but sound quality is meant to be amazing, though I haven't tried one myself.

Noel, also, does your sony yolk have built in digital noise cancelling when you use the supplied headphones?

Yup it does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

You could of course use your phone, though that would limit you to 32 GB Max storage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

I vouch for the Cowon, price is a higher, quality is better. Had a chance to have a go on one of these :)
    You could of course use your phone, though that would limit you to 32 GB Max storage
    But risk poor sound quality. NEVER D:

Well if you are considering a Cowon I doubt you could put up with phone quality tbh :pac:
    Nokias had really good quality music playback over speaker and earphones, shame about the whole crappy OS problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Well if you are considering a Cowon I doubt you could put up with phone quality tbh :pac:
    Nokias had really good quality music playback over speaker and earphones, shame about the whole crappy OS problem
    Not to sound like a tosser, but i could never use my phone for music again, have a nokia myself.. Just doesent match well with my cans :3
    In saying that for the average joe, they do a good ole job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

FYG wrote: »
    en-lgflag.gif

... in the play-offs!

You got your wish sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

233312792D1?$prod_det_thumbnail$

Clearly unpractical,painful,dangerously high shoes...but I want them anyway!

GalaxyNexus_large.png
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
    4.65” 1280X720 HD Super AMOLED
    Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich

Still, I be happy with just 4.0 on my phone >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Shoo! That Nexus belongs to me!!!!

Hands off, bitch >_> *throws shoe*

Hands off, bitch >_> *throws shoe*
    You can buy my GS2 and ill take the Nexus :pac:

kk brb looking for a fiver to pay u with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

mde-co-017-full.jpg

I just want the CD and tee, but stickers and pins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

il_fullxfull.270427660.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!jkE5b4nUnBEBOhIKvpUfQ~~60_12.JPG

Burberry-scarf-AAA-064.JPG

LoL random or wha'? To explain - I have a passionate love of all things cartoonified (I'm not a big manga fan though :L), the decks are for when I'm winning big (I have a bit of a gambling addiction, truth be told) and I just got aviator-style boots yesterday and I think the scarf with be purrrfect with them :D

I'm a magpie.

topshop-amethyst-ankle-boots.jpg

They. Are. Boot-y-full :D:eek::o

• Advertisement

no-image-large.gif

Full_Contact_Glo_4eabe4d085f37.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

K, so I need a new laptop because this one is banjaxed. I have about £400 to spend (so like €550 I guess). I really only need it for the internet and itunes but the actual physical build needs to be sturdy (the acer I have now is quite flimsy). I thought about getting a netbook but I don't think I'd like the small keyboard..

So, yeah basically anyone know what laptop I should get?

Ps. Recommend a pink one and we'll be friends for life. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

K, so I need a new laptop because this one is banjaxed. I have about £400 to spend (so like €550 I guess). I really only need it for the internet and itunes but the actual physical build needs to be sturdy (the acer I have now is quite flimsy). I thought about getting a netbook but I don't think I'd like the small keyboard..

Not pink, but it's really good for 400£. Linkzorz.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-g6-1233sa-15-6-laptop-blue-11290827-pdt.html

So good! Especially at that price.. and girly blue!

Grindylow wrote: »

And the most unreliable brand on the market. (Ive dealt with enough of them)
    Id run with an Asus like this or one of Toshibas Satellite range.
    Just avoid anything a Celeron chip like the plague. Dirty chips :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Is this one any good?

Is this one any good?
    Nothing wrong with it at all. Samsungs build quality has really come on in the last few years.
    I give it a Chinholio seal of approval

Nothing wrong with it at all. Samsungs build quality has really come on in the last few years.
    I give it a Chinholio seal of approval

I have that laptop! Don't geeeet! The screen always rattles which is really annoying.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Yupik wrote: »
    I have that laptop! Don't geeeet! The screen always rattles which is really annoying.. :(
    I just got it :eek: What do you mean the screen rattles?

• Advertisement

/Shakes workmates samsung

Nothing rattling here :/

Advertisement