Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Materialistic Junk I WANT thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Hundred and seventy. Definitely.
    Hmmm. Looks aight ^_^
    Need new phone ;_:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

marko93 wrote: »
    Hmmm. Looks aight ^_^
    Need new phone ;_:

>_>

That looks lovely o.o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

apple-macbook-pro-2.jpg

WANT SO BAD! but everyone keeps telling me not to..

Yupik wrote: »
    apple-macbook-pro-2.jpg

WANT SO BAD! but everyone keeps telling me not to..
    Your money broski. DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

• Advertisement

Your money broski. DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

That's what I was thinking :O Everyone else is all like "waste of money bro" and I'm like "lolz ur sad..". I may buy myself a Christmas present of it from savings for college next year (ooops...) <.<

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

That's what I was thinking :O Everyone else is all like "waste of money bro" and I'm like "lolz ur sad..". I may buy myself a Christmas present of it from savings for college next year (ooops...) <.<

Just to throw my 2 cents in here... they're rather good but the most significant differences IMO would come down to things like comfort (since, compared to most other laptops I've used, they're fairly lightweight and exhaust fans aren't gonna blast you with hot air all the time :P) and the keyboard/trackpad (which are, IMO, fantastic - keyboard feels great and is lovely to type with, and the trackpad is great in both feel and function) and [from what some people say] customer support - personally, I've never had to deal with customer support in the recent past (for any desktop/laptop I've had) so I can't really comment any further.

If you're fairly accustomed to Windows (or other non-OS X operating system, for that matter), I don't think that OS X is going to be easier to use, despite what I read from a number of people on the Mac section of Boards :P It's easy-to-use, ye, but I personally haven't found it any easier to use than Windows in most respects.

However, as marko said, it's your money - if you foresee yourself getting your money's worth in terms of usage (they seem to last for aaaaaaaaages), then get it if you really want it and have the money.

Robby91 wrote: »
    Just to throw my 2 cents in here... they're rather good but the most significant differences IMO would come down to things like comfort (since, compared to most other laptops I've used, they're fairly lightweight and exhaust fans aren't gonna blast you with hot air all the time :P) and the keyboard/trackpad (which are, IMO, fantastic - keyboard feels great and is lovely to type with, and the trackpad is great in both feel and function) and [from what some people say] customer support - personally, I've never had to deal with customer support in the recent past (for any desktop/laptop I've had) so I can't really comment any further.

If you're fairly accustomed to Windows (or other non-OS X operating system, for that matter), I don't think that OS X is going to be easier to use, despite what I read from a number of people on the Mac section of Boards :P It's easy-to-use, ye, but I personally haven't found it any easier to use than Windows in most respects.

However, as marko said, it's your money - if you foresee yourself getting your money's worth in terms of usage (they seem to last for aaaaaaaaages), then get it if you really want it and have the money.

I like the whole setup of them though! The menu and stuff and the webcam options are like the best stuff ever! And the power of it, wowza.. Like I'll be doing something along the lines of Marketing or Interior Architecture next year so it'll be likely I'd be using it a lot for college and stuff.. so it's a good investment.. right? right? <_< :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

they cost a lot of money though, and I got a laptop that I was happy for for €450. and that's saying a lot.

Colm! wrote: »
    they cost a lot of money though, and I got a laptop that I was happy for for €450. and that's saying a lot.

I know I know! but I'm such a sucker for shiny fancy things.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i need a mac rather than want one half my college course is mac based logic, final cut ect

I like the whole setup of them though! The menu and stuff and the webcam options are like the best stuff ever! And the power of it, wowza.. Like I'll be doing something along the lines of Marketing or Interior Architecture next year so it'll be likely I'd be using it a lot for college and stuff.. so it's a good investment.. right? right? <_< :P

If you can, check with the college to see what applications you will be using (and find out if there is an equivalent for OS X) - if the applications you will be running are mostly/all Windows-only, then you should realise that you're paying €1200+ for a machine that might end up being used more as a Windows machine than as a Mac.

EDIT: How could I forget...
    memoriesofatimetocome-big.jpg
    31 amazing tracks from an amazing band... most definitely do want! Me thinks I shall pre-order it as a late Christmas present/really early birthday present for myself :D

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    i need a mac rather than want one half my college course is mac based logic, final cut ect

Aah really? Same with a few courses I was looking into in UL (digital media/MMPT) so it'd be handy for those too!

ya I'm in MMPT, one module is completely mac based. To drop 1500 quid on an apple logo is ridiculous if it was the price of a pc of similar specs I'd consider it but I'm not spending that money and then shelling out for those softwares on top of it. Still I must admit they are quite cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

To drop 1500 quid on an apple logo is ridiculous if it was the price of a pc of similar specs I'd consider it but I'm not spending that money and then shelling out for those softwares on top of it

...haaaaackintosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

...haaaaackintosh.

Not gonna happen on a laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Not gonna happen on a laptop
    It works fine on loads of model?

Jackobyte wrote: »
    It works fine on loads of model?

Not that I know of :p Fairly unlikely it would work 99% on a laptop without tons of tweaking.

Not that I know of :p Fairly unlikely it would work 99% on a laptop without tons of tweaking.
    OSx86 Project

and

Tonymac86

and

Wiki

• Advertisement

I know Jack, we discussed this before :pac:

I know Jack, we discussed this before :pac:
    :o

Did we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Hm. Working graaand on my laptop, although I haven't bothered to update it from (Snow?) leopard in all the years =/

if it was the price of a pc of similar specs I'd consider it but I'm not spending that money
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying you'd pay the price for a Mac if it was it's PC counterpart? O.O

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying you'd pay the price for a Mac if it was it's PC counterpart? O.O

You've got it the wrong way 'round, me thinks :P

Na, think he was saying he'd buy a Mac if it's price was lowered to the equivalent for a PC of similar specs? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Robby91 wrote: »
    You've got it the wrong way 'round, me thinks :P
    Na, think he was saying he'd buy a Mac if it's price was lowered to the equivalent for a PC of similar specs? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Re-reading it now. I have made a conundrum. I see what he is saying now.

HACKINTOSH :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I want a piano. Or a theremin. They're both pretty similar, just give me one!!

just to clarify. i mean if a mac of certain specs was the price or a similar price of a pc of the same specs i'd buy it.

• Advertisement

just to clarify. i mean if a mac of certain specs was the price or a similar price of a pc of the same specs i'd buy it.
    Sorry, realised that after I posted. My bad! I also agree with ya on that.

Advertisement