Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Materialistic Junk I WANT thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

urbandecay_15thannypalette001.jpg

Its a limited edition one that's already been out a few months. Pleeease still be in Debenhams next week...

I'm just going to point out that no man will notice the difference between half truth and omen, or vanilla and flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I'm just going to point out that no man will notice the difference between half truth and omen, or vanilla and flow.

or flow and chase..

Grindylow wrote: »
    or flow and chase..

or Midnight Rodeo and Derper (I assume the top right doesn't say that, but that's all I can read.)

or Midnight Rodeo and Derper (I assume the top right doesn't say that, but that's all I can read.)

I think we shall agree that we probably wouldn't notice the difference between any of them and €2 make-up too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Oh boys. Where did I say I was buying it for men to notice? You're all so self absorbed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Sure 10% of men can't even tell the difference between red and green, I think it's safe to say these things were not developed with male appreciation in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Not materialistic, but God do I need a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Lawliet wrote: »
    Sure 10% of men can't even tell the difference between red and green,
    Considering a lot of the driving I've seen this percentage is definitely much higher for women :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Considering a lot of the driving I've seen this percentage is definitely much higher for women :p
    The gene for coloured vision resides in the X chromosome so if men have a faulty one, they are screwed whereas women have the second X chromosome so that makes up for the lack of the gene in the first.

Therefore, there is an estimated 10% men who suffer colour blindness compared to ~1% of women.

Just FYI, d'ju know. :pac:

Jackobyte wrote: »
    The gene for coloured vision resides in the X chromosome so if men have a faulty one, they are screwed whereas women have the second X chromosome so that makes up for the lack of the gene in the first.

Therefore, there is an estimated 10% men who suffer colour blindness compared to ~1% of women.

That just means we have science to blame but women only have themselves :pac:

• Advertisement

A girl I know has written off two cars, and her insurance still manages to be lower than mine, and I've never had an accident. Madness.

That just means we have science to blame but women only have themselves :pac:
    Its actually believed to be a step up in evolution since we(humans) have a higher rate of colourblindness than our monkey cousins. People who suffer from less severe degrees of colourblindness are better able to distinguish camoflaged objects.

So, men are a more sophisticated creature than women. :P

/trollface

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

This!

So close to getting it as well, badly badly need my own computer! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

This!

So close to getting it as well, badly badly need my own computer! :pac:
    Don't get that, there's HP Pavilion G6 series in PCWorld going for €479 and €499 for the AMD and Intel vesions respectively. Got the Intel version last night after spending an hour deciding which one to get. The Core i5 is better than the Core i3, it has more ram and more storage space.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Daniel S wrote: »
    Don't get that, there's HP Pavilion G6 series in PCWorld going for €479 and €499 for the AMD and Intel vesions respectively. Got the Intel version last night after spending an hour deciding which one to get. The Core i5 is better than the Core i3, it has more ram and more storage space.

Got that too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Daniel S wrote: »

Nah, need a dedicated graphics card for gaming like and they have integrated ones. On second thoughts, this seems better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

A Jizzler....Maybe next year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

*proud*

/ biology teacher

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    *proud*

/ biology teacher
    The thing is, we aren't meant to have covered those chapters. We've covered most of "The Study of Life" section and a chuck of "The Organism" section (covers circulatory system, respiration system, lymphatic system, etc.) but we haven't touched "The Cell" section. I just got extremely bored when I was meant to be studying the other section and read up on the parts of Biology that interested me, which happens to be genetics. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I just got extremely bored when I was meant to be studying the other section and read up on the parts of Biology that interested me, which happens to be genetics. :D

I could be pedantic and say its more complex than that, but I'm in a blissful state where I've forgotten everything from my exams last week so I won't even try go into it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Does a person count as materialistic junk? :p

Don't tell her I said that:o

Right, I'm going to buy two pairs of shoes tomorrow, and I need some help from you fashion savvy people (I.e., girls).

For the first pair I'm probably going to buy a pair of them flatsoled nikes or kswiss that were somewhat fashionable 3/4 years ago, because I'm a bit of a scumbag at heart. Don't comment on these or my scumbaggery.

Now, this is where your critical opinions come in, women and fashionable men. What are the second pair going to be? They have to be semi-casual (that being just about classy enough to get you into a disco, but not classy enough to fit in in a business meeting) and preferably white. And they must go well with lightwashed jeans, because I have three pairs of those. No real price range, just less than 90€. I will owe one (1) minor favour to anyone who can help me. Thanks in advance.

Note to you purty mods: I looked for a suitable thread, and I could not find one. And the fashion and appearance forum scares me, and they probably advise me something hideous and for old men.

Get a pair of converse! They're like the most unreal shoes you can wear, and everyone loves them! The hi-top ones are rather disgusting though so get the normal sized ones.. And don't get them in black because it's too plain.. get some colour that matches the jeans!

Get a pair of converse! They're like the most unreal shoes you can wear, and everyone loves them! The hi-top ones are rather disgusting though so get the normal sized ones.. And don't get them in black because it's too plain.. get some colour that matches the jeans!

I dont. Theyre sh!te. Thin pieces of sh!te. Chunky shoes are much better

I dont. Theyre sh!te. Thin pieces of sh!te. Chunky shoes are much better

Yeaah but you're older than teenagers (no offence <.<)

Yeaah but you're older than teenagers (no offence <.<)

Hated as a teenager too. Griptape tore them to shreads :pac:
    And any water is a nightmare with them O_o

Hated as a teenager too. Griptape tore them to shreads :pac:
    And any water is a nightmare with them O_o

Not anymoreeeeee! It is with the hi top ones cos they're fairly clothe-y material but the normal shoe like ones are grand :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Converse are awesome :P I think they're pretty comfortable, but maybe that's just becuse I personally don't like shoes having too much support anyway. Chunky shoes are okay, but they have two faults: they're clumsy and they're not converse :P

Junk I Want: Slow Show's toothbrush.

Dentistry \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Not anymoreeeeee! It is with the hi top ones cos they're fairly clothe-y material but the normal shoe like ones are grand :P

I wear converse/vans constantly and they haven't gotten any better with water. A bit of rain is grand but if it's lashing your feet get drenched and they rub off you like there's no tomorrow.

They're comfy as hell though so I still live in them.

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I wear converse/vans constantly and they haven't gotten any better with water. A bit of rain is grand but if it's lashing your feet get drenched and they rub off you like there's no tomorrow.

They're comfy as hell though so I still live in them.

Really? :eek: I've got 2/3 pairs of the low normal sized ones, and 2 of the pairs would get drenched outside but ones I got for Christmas have been good so far outside! I dunno whether they're different or not but they're not soaking up water like the other 2 pairs!

Advertisement