Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Materialistic Junk I WANT thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Grindylow wrote: »
    Really? :eek: I've got 2/3 pairs of the low normal sized ones, and 2 of the pairs would get drenched outside but ones I got for Christmas have been good so far outside! I dunno whether they're different or not but they're not soaking up water like the other 2 pairs!

Oh like they've only changed them recently? I over-wear my converse and the soles are always covered in holes after about 6 months. Vans haven't been as bad so I decided to go for a change yesterday and bought a new pair of them in the hope they will last me a bit longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Oh like they've only changed them recently? I over-wear my converse and the soles are always covered in holes after about 6 months. Vans haven't been as bad so I decided to go for a change yesterday and bought a new pair of them in the hope they will last me a bit longer!

Well the new ones seem better! Maybe it's because they're the all star player brand but I'm not sure! I figured it'd be the same in most new ones >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

kgrhqrhjbye7z8ukgbo9e2k.jpg
    Ahhh want want want I must have them! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

^whoa. do want. where can I get those?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

shoe-yo.gif

Yeah, I've decided to be doubly uncreative and buy the same converse I had like two years ago. They're so damned comfy. Now I just need to find a footlocker nearby :l

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Well the new ones seem better! Maybe it's because they're the all star player brand but I'm not sure! I figured it'd be the same in most new ones >.<

Are they the leathery ones?

Cos my canvassy type ones don't keep water out :(

shoe-yo.gif

Yeah, I've decided to be doubly uncreative and buy the same converse I had like two years ago. They're so damned comfy. Now I just need to find a footlocker nearby :l

There's pretty similar ones on the office website here which you could get delivered to your house or on the schuh website too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

What's the purpose of the two holes across the side of converse? Cos y'know... That can't really help to keep the water out :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

What's the purpose of the two holes across the side of converse? Cos y'know... That can't really help to keep the water out :P

Makes them breathable. If a fabric isn't breathable, it's really, really, really uncomfortable. Especially if you do a lot of sweating when you overheat.

Makes them breathable. If a fabric isn't breathable, it's really, really, really uncomfortable. Especially if you do a lot of sweating when you overheat.

That is why wearing safety shoes for work/college is so horrible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Colm! wrote: »
    ^whoa. do want. where can I get those?

Not available yet I don't think, think it might be February when they go on sale. Not sure if they'll be in shops though, might have to order them online.

Edit: They're available for pre-order here but I've never heard of this website so dunno how reputable they are.

http://www.mamstore.co.uk/bin/pxisapi1.exe/catalogue?level=410695

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

KW3G-slate-main-lg._V166806926_.jpg
    I buy too many books I need one of these bad boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I tried reading on a kindle and although I wouldn't consider myself a bookworm by any means, reading on them is just not the same as a book. I missed that book smell you get :P

Are they the leathery ones?

Cos my canvassy type ones don't keep water out :(

The bottom part is kinda rubbery, but the top is just normal fabric! Seems a bit stronger than regular ones though cos they're sporty ones!

The bottom part is kinda rubbery, but the top is just normal fabric! Seems a bit stronger than regular ones though cos they're sporty ones!

Link a pic? :pac:

My converse got dirty today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

359e8wl.jpg
    I went into town with Christmas money, looking to find a jacket that wasn't my school coat so that I could pass for a normal member of the public.

Then, I found this beauty of a jacket (it looks way better in person btw) in Brown Thomas but it is €235. :( I am seriously considering buying it even at that price. It's so class. It's more than twice the price of my next most expensive item of clothing though and would require all my Christmas money and more. Someone make me cop on before I do something stupid.

Link a pic? :pac:

My converse got dirty today :(

shoes_iaec1151233.jpg

There are the same except mine are dark grey :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Not available yet I don't think, think it might be February when they go on sale. Not sure if they'll be in shops though, might have to order them online.
    Noted. I am definitely going to try and pick those up. Love my Cons and could do with buying a new pair, and those are the coolest looking shoes I have ever seen.
    EDIT: I checked out the seller and they've got 99.1% positive on eBay. I might pre-order with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I went into town with Christmas money, looking to find a jacket that wasn't my school coat so that I could pass for a normal member of the public.

Then, I found this beauty of a jacket (it looks way better in person btw) in Brown Thomas but it is €235. :( I am seriously considering buying it even at that price. It's so class. It's more than twice the price of my next most expensive item of clothing though and would require all my Christmas money and more. Someone make me cop on before I do something stupid.

Jesus. I don't think that's worth €235 at all! I'm not criticizing your choice, I think it is a really nice jacket but for that much no way. You should just keep on looking around because you'll end up finding one you like for way less. Just stay out of Brown Thomas D:

shoes_iaec1151233.jpg

I've them in navy! They're falling apart now though and you're right they are a bit thicker than normal ones my feet still get wet though!

• Advertisement

shoes_iaec1151233.jpg

They're the runner type converse (?) :pac: They're the new ones :P

These are the canvassy ones :P

SO42026-2-0.jpg

Aren't they the vintage ones?

Jesus. I don't think that's worth €235 at all! I'm not criticizing your choice, I think it is a really nice jacket but for that much no way. You should just keep on looking around because you'll end up finding one you like for way less. Just stay out of Brown Thomas D:
    I know it's wrong. 235 is ridiculous for just normal day to day clothing. After I left BT's, I went to River Island and picked up the nicest jacket River Island had included in their sale for €42 instead but it's not the same. River Island allow you to get a full refund on any item returned with all tags within 28 days so I'm almost considering returning that and putting it towards the other one. If I was certain I was fully grown, it wouldn't feel quite so extravagant as it'd do me forever.

It was the first time I'd ever went into the men's section of Brown Thomas. I'd walked passed it every day I was in town but had never had a look in there. The prices are phenomenal there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I know it's wrong. 235 is ridiculous for just normal day to day clothing. After I left BT's, I went to River Island and picked up the nicest jacket River Island had included in their sale for €42 instead but it's not the same. River Island allow you to get a full refund on any item returned with all tags within 28 days so I'm almost considering returning that and putting it towards the other one. If I was certain I was fully grown, it wouldn't feel quite so extravagant as it'd do me forever.

It was the first time I'd ever went into the men's section of Brown Thomas. I'd walked passed it every day I was in town but had never had a look in there. The prices are phenomenal there!

Oh right ok haha. But still if you did buy it you'd either only ever wear it rarely because it's so expensive (what always happens to me) or else you'll wear it so much you'll end up wanting a new one and even worse, treasuring it so much that you wear it until it's way too small for you, and people who wear clothes too small for them always look silly :pac: Up to you in the end though haha :)

Oh right ok haha. But still if you did buy it you'd either only ever wear it rarely because it's so expensive (what always happens to me) or else you'll wear it so much you'll end up wanting a new one and even worse, treasuring it so much that you wear it until it's way too small for you, and people who wear clothes too small for them always look silly :pac: Up to you in the end though haha :)
    This is why I posted it in the materialistic thread rather than the purchases thread! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I think i'll just stick with hoodies and warm hats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I need to buy new clothes, as in, the ones I have are starting to go ragged. But clothes shopping is just so boring at best, and at worst it makes you feel annoyed at having to think about clothes, frustrated at not finding a size, regretful about the thing you bought, sad at being broke afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Cant believe no one suggested Doc martins

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I may or may not be purchasing a new hat on the morrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I live in skater shoes, so so comfy.

Advertisement