Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Materialistic Junk I WANT thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Novella wrote: »
    'Cause I likes to buy me all the purdy things and now I can't and it gives me all the sad. I also don't like angry bank letters very much, they are scary!
    I like buying purdy things!I doing it now!
    never gotten an angry bank letter before :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Unspeakably shiny new thing acquired.

bild.php5?id=9386&maxwidth=660

Sunny days are going to be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

0259200306_xl.jpg[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I want one of these for college:

gaggia-new-espresso-dose-3.jpg

It's €212. I might be able to afford it in a few months....

Then I'll need a burr grinder as well:

gaggia-mdf-grinder.jpg

And a decent tamper:

58mm-coffee-tamper.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

10401040_Print_medium.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I saw that dress the other day - so pwetty! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I saw that dress the other day - so pwetty! <3

I want it :( Perhaps after Oxegen if I have money left over :D

Jay P wrote: »

It's €212. I might be able to afford it in a few months....

Then I'll need a burr grinder as well:

gaggia-mdf-grinder.jpg

And a decent tamper:

58mm-coffee-tamper.jpg

Go for it. There's feck all life can throw at you that a seriously good coffee doesn't go a long way towards fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Go for it. There's feck all life can throw at you that a seriously good coffee doesn't go a long way towards fixing.

What about a caffeine overdose?

I'd really like a new amp, a Fender Blues Junior in particular

fender%20blues%20junior.jpg.

Have to wait until I get back from holiday and then work out if I have enough money for next year before I can buy it though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I really want an ipig, So cute! Also I don't have ipod speakers.

ipig.pink.100.jpg

• Advertisement

What about a caffeine overdose?

You'll probably still feel better.
    I'd really like a new amp, a Fender Blues Junior in particular

fender%20blues%20junior.jpg.

Have to wait until I get back from holiday and then work out if I have enough money for next year before I can buy it though

I'm in the opposite boat. I need a buyer for my vintage JCM800 combo.

I don't need no convincing. I need the moolah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

You'll probably still feel better.

I'm in the opposite boat. I need a buyer for my vintage JCM800 combo.

I've an Ashdown FA60 at the moment which I'd love to offload. I'd feel kind of guilty selling it though as it's one of the worst made amps there is. It's incredibly unreliable and needs repairs all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

One of these please :P

hot-man.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

cn116pe_022006-1.jpg
    I want to learn, but I'd like an actual piano as opposed to the crappy sounding midi keyboard I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Piste wrote: »
    I really want an ipig, So cute! Also I don't have ipod speakers.

ipig.pink.100.jpg

iPig bought \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

753F99A6B3077526992AEBC422EC6.jpg

I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

BPP36432%20%20COFFEEMAKER.jpg
    My sister has one of these [not this exact model] coffee brewer things,now I like my coffee but holy Sh*t it's like drinking happiness soooo goood

I have to get one of these for college,screw sleeping this stuff is delicious

BPP36432%20%20COFFEEMAKER.jpg
    My sister has one of these [not this exact model] coffee brewer things,now I like my coffee but holy Sh*t it's like drinking happiness soooo goood

I have to get one of these for college,screw sleeping this stuff is delicious

You should get one of these:

french-press.jpg

Much cheaper, and it's essentially the same thing. Though the folks in the coffee forum will explain the minute differences...

7 grams of ground coffee, boiling water, leave for four minutes, push down the plunger, and that's it!

But yes. Go for it. It was the best purchase I made all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I need a coffee maker for college next year. For sure. The amount of money I spend buying coffee gets ridiculous. I reckon I'd save money eventually.
    Also, the chicka I'm living with next year is even more of a coffee addict than me (I've already had 4 cups today, and I'm not even doing anything with my life, so beating me in the addict ratings ain't easy.)

I had one of these for a while last year, before it went missing from out apartment:
    cuban-coffee-maker.jpg

... Does the job, but is not ideal.

• Advertisement

bythewoods wrote: »
    I need a coffee maker for college next year. For sure. The amount of money I spend buying coffee gets ridiculous. I reckon I'd save money eventually.
    Also, the chicka I'm living with next year is even more of a coffee addict than me (I've already had 4 cups today, and I'm not even doing anything with my life, so beating me in the addict ratings ain't easy.)

I had one of these for a while last year, before it went missing from out apartment:
    cuban-coffee-maker.jpg

... Does the job, but is not ideal.

I know exactly what you mean. The French Press served me well, but I need an upgrade. Specifically, one that makes a good espresso.
    Making coffee with our machine at home has been my method of procrastinating from study... There's not a chance I can make it through the weeks in Cork with no proper coffee.

I know exactly what you mean. The French Press served me well, but I need an upgrade. Specifically, one that makes a good espresso.
    Making coffee with our machine at home has been my method of procrastinating from study... There's not a chance I can make it through the weeks in Cork with no proper coffee.
    what he said

I have a perculator thingy,but it's just not the same,you have to plunge it so slowly to get it smooth enough.
    Whereas with a machine it's like sex in a mug every time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'm really not a big fan'a plungers. My friend had one in college and BITS got through. Ming-ing.

I'm really not a big fan'a plungers. My friend had one in college and BITS got through. Ming-ing.
    That's my problem/hate

Coffee your lovely,but you're not a fruit,when you leave the bits in,it's just like bits of crap floating in my drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Apparently the Aeropress is supposed to be super aweosme for making espresso.

aeropress-2.jpg

Also heres a link on how to make the perfect espresso with one:
    Link

That's my problem/hate

Coffee your lovely,but you're not a fruit,when you leave the bits in,it's just like bits of crap floating in my drink

*coffee nerd*

Coffee is prolly ground to fine. A courser grind means the grounds don't get through the filter thing...

Sorry, I just couldn't let it slide. I need a freaking break from the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I had an awful lot of fun using my brother's roomate setup the other day. I wouldn't mind having my own.

DJ%20Turntables.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

s1-individual-2_large.jpg?1278366156
    Must have but the bastards are sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

753F99A6B3077526992AEBC422EC6.jpg

I want!

They...they put some form of eyeliner on puppy?

Assholes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

AND someone said something about good coffee in Cork - coffee roasters on Bridge Street. Best coffee in Cork. Fact.

Advertisement