Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine gun found as gardai storm Limerick hotel

Options
  • 11-02-2010 1:52pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Published Date: 11 February 2010
    By David Hurley
    GARDAI have recovered a firearm and a silencer following a late night raid on the Travelodge hotel at Coonagh Cross.
    A man aged in his 30s is being held at Roxboro Garda station, following the massive operation - which brought in members of gardai and the regional response unit.

The weapon, believed to be a machine gun, was recovered from the northside hotel at approximately 10.30pm on Wednesday night.
    The Limerick Leader understands the raid forms part of a wider operation, and the man arrested was involved in serious criminal activity.

He is currently being detained under section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act 1939.

The operation was led by Supt Anne-Marie McMahon and Det Insp Jim Ryan.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Machine-gun-found-as-gardai.6064356.jp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I don't say it very often about Limerick gardai, but well done on getting a dangerous weapon off of the street, and I hope some judge will have the good sense to make an example of the person wgho had the weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Kess73 wrote: »
    I don't say it very often about Limerick gardai, but well done on getting a dangerous weapon off of the street, and I hope some judge will have the good sense to make an example of the person wgho had the weapon.

Fair play to them. I can see somebody getting a very long suspended sentence over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

This is a little hilarious. :rolleyes:

Look at what Google Ads picked out to advertise for this screen. See the top right of the screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is a little hilarious. :rolleyes:

Look at what Google Ads picked out to advertise for this screen. See the top right of the screenshot.

hahahahaha CLASSIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

glad it wasnt at my place, thats all i would need....

• Advertisement
Advertisement