Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with making or recieving calls on my Nokia 5530

• 11-02-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

Alright guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with my Nokia 5530 and just posted here to see if anyone can help!

Right, so everything on the phone works perfect, except for the fact that I can't make or recieve calls, which is crap. The phone simply turns off when you try to call someone or just when you answer the phone.

Anyone have any ideas whats wrong with it?

Cheers,
    Anto

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The connection drops, or the whole handset shuts down, and you have to reboot manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

The whole handset shuts down, and I've to reboot manually.

You could flash the phone with new software, but its probably beast to send it in for repair. It will be fixed free of charge in fonemenders, or mprc in sandyford.

Davy wrote: »
    You could flash the phone with new software, but its probably beast to send it in for repair. It will be fixed free of charge in fonemenders, or mprc in sandyford.

How come they'll fix it for free?

Eh, I turned on the phone and it just started working again properly :D

How come they'll fix it for free?

24 warranty comes with the phone, and the 5530 is defo still in that time zone :)

Eh, I turned on the phone and it just started working again properly :D

Often fixes a lot of software issues :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

LOL... Cheers Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elenanibhriain

Hi
    Im having the same problem with my nokia, turns off when i try to make or recieve a call.

I took it to the shop and they said update the software and I did and no luck. They told me to reset to factory setting - I really dont want to do this as I have read on the nokia forum that this will not fix the problem plus I dont facny going back to having to set up my phone again.

HAs anyone any help to offer on this one?

Advertisement