Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board Gais Old/New Account Number Query.

Options
  • 11-02-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Just paid my gas bill from Internet banking. I had set it up at my old address and so the payment has been sent to my old gas account number.

When they receive this, will they transfer it to my new account number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Don't assume they will, unless there is a link between the two accounts.
    You would be better off ringing them and telling them what happened, otherwise your old account will be in credit that you will never see and your new account will be overdue and the men with large sticks with nails in them will be sent around :)

You should also delete the old set up from your banking online and set it up to pay the new account from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you've only just made the payment, contact your bank and get the payment cancelled.

If it's too late, contact BG and see what they can do for you. They'll either refund the money or move it to your new account.

And, as the previous poster said, delete the old payment option from your online banking and get a new one set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭irishbrain

Contacted them as suggested and got the following reply:

Dear Mr XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting BG Energy.

In relation to the below email, I would like to advise that your payment today of XXX euros, although it has not yet reached your gas account, will be processed, even though you used your old account number. The old and new account numbers are linked on our system and both relate to yourself and your property.

If you want to check that the payment has been received, please send me another email tomorrow and I will be able to check this for you. Alternatively, please do not hesitate to contact our accounts department by telephone on 1850-632-632 should you require any further assistance regarding this matter.

That is prompt customer service.

Advertisement