Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

permission letters

Options
  • 11-02-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

lads going getting my permissions signed today, as im not joining club until august, what kind of things do peple write

is it like

'i, farmer give jap gt permission to control vermin on 100 acres'.

i also want to apply for a mod, what way should i go about this, shoud i get the farmer to sign saying he is ok with me using mod on his land. any help will be great not the best at the wording of these things

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

jap gt wrote: »
    lads going getting my permissions signed today, as im not joining club until august, what kind of things do peple write

is it like

'i, farmer give jap gt permission to control vermin on 100 acres'.

i also want to apply for a mod, what way should i go about this, shoud i get the farmer to sign saying he is ok with me using mod on his land. any help will be great not the best at the wording of these things
    something like that and a contact number for the farmer sould be included,,the gardai will ask him/her for confirmation.
    also get him to state where the land is located and size cos the gardai might want to look at it.
    that should do.
    not sure about the mod,,think you need a good reason for having one and not sure if hunting with a mod is allowed,,i might be wrong but others here will know.
    read the garda commish guidelines,,it might be there on www.garda.ie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

japgt wrote:
    .............. what kind of things do people write

Best thing to do is print out 2 or 3 permission letters all worded as below and have the farmers/landowners sign them.

"I, (farmers name) give permission for (your name) to shoot on all lands owned by me for the purpose of vermin and pest control."

japgt wrote:
    .......i also want to apply for a mod, what way should i go about this,............

On a serperate sheet of paper with the other required extra information you write down why you need a mod. The reason should be valid, and honestly if you don't need one don't get one. Should you choose to get one there are reasons here ( http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055663743&highlight=reasons ), it should be noted that these are not "lies/excuses/made up reasons. They are reasons other lads gave for requesting theirs. Your reasons should be as valid.
    japgt wrote:
    shoud i get the farmer to sign saying he is ok with me using mod on his land.

He has no input into the equation. You can always tell him you are going to use one, but him giving his "permission" will have no effect on the Super's decision to grant you a mod or not.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

ezridax wrote: »
    Best thing to do is print out 2 or 3 permission letters all worded as below and have the farmers/landowners sign them.

"I, (farmers name) give permission for (your name) to shoot on all lands owned by me for the purpose of vermin and pest control."

On a serperate sheet of paper with the other required extra information you write down why you need a mod. The reason should be valid, and honestly if you don't need one don't get one. Should you choose to get one there are reasons here ( http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055663743&highlight=reasons ), it should be noted that these are not "lies/excuses/made up reasons. They are reasons other lads gave for requesting theirs. Your reasons should be as valid.

He has no input into the equation. You can always tell him you are going to use one, but him giving his "permission" will have no effect on the Super's decision to grant you a mod or not.

thanks thats very helpful, would a printed letter be ok. thanks again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I printed everything. Its easier to read (for them) and my handwriting is not the best. :o
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    I printed everything. Its easier to read (for them) and my handwriting is not the best. :o

im in the same boat, i think i will do that aswell, thanks

• Advertisement

i have two permission letters got total of 315 acres, do ye think i will require more permission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

That will depend on your Super. Should be enough though.

Advertisement