Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sick of...

• 11-02-2010 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Looking frumpy :(

im a size twelve or fourteen, top heavy, and my stomach is huge :(
    what kinda clothes can i wear to hide it :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Oh I feel your pain....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

Have you tried cutting out or even down on bread? Try it for a week or two and you'll notice a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ok I hope this helps some bit. I'm a 12-14 on top, 34D, small bit of weight on my stomach but my hips are a bit smaller than a size 10 (I have quite long thin legs, which save me in so many outfits! But means jeans never fit me, only stretchy skinny ones), over the years I have messed about with a million styles to see what suited me best.

I've decided some of these look best:
    Empire Line Tops, basically any top with cap sleeves and gathered under my boobs, mostly have to put a white top inside them so as not to flash people my bra as I go about my day. But a nice longish top with that basic shape with skinny jeans or leggings is great for showing off your good bits and hiding any wobbly stomach bits. Casual dresses this shape are great too, and last year I got a lovely long empire line shirt in Penneys, lovely with skinny jeans and flats. I also wear long bead necklaces, distract from my stomach :o

Anything V neck will make you look more in proportion too, avoid high round necks!

Also if you buy long loose tops and put a belt just under your boobs it works wonders, a nice thick elasticated belt is good. Another thing I do is buy size 16 floaty tops in New Look and put belts on them, again with leggings it looks like a lovely little dress :) Tights and flat boots are great with all of these too.

I wear a lot of long cardigans too, over tshirts, vest tops etc, if you leave them open they look good, if I ever button up a cardigan I instantly look a size bigger, all lumpy and stuff!

And this is gonna make me sound like the biggest fatty alive, but a good pair of leggings sitting just across my stomach sucks me in straight away, it's brilliant! Can get away with wearing quite fitted jumpers over them then.

Hope that helps a bit and didn't bore you :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Apple shapes tend to have great legs, small bum, tiny hips - so how's about some short skirts to take the focus away from your upper bod if you're self conscious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm not an apple shape but my mam is and I agree. You usually have great arms and legs so emphasise these and take attention away from your middle. What I wouldn't give for great arms and legs! My mam is tiny across her hips but she does have a tummy and big boobs.

Skinny jeans probably look good on you whereas I would look a ridiculous upside down triangle in them even though I'm quite slim. I'd reckon jackets and blazers would look good on you too. I'm sure pencil skirts also suit you. Straight dresses with a belt around the tummy area and leggings or tights.

Perhaps do a google search for apple shapes. I'm sure there are loads of websites to give you tips for how to dress for your shape.

Finally, as an apple shape I would recommend giving up or if that's too hard severely restricting bread, biscuits, cakes, white rice and pasta and potatoes. I'm not saying you can't ever eat them but they would be public enemy no.1 for keeping weight around your tummy. Give it a month and I'd say you'd see a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭window_licker

thanks guys :)

Advertisement