Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've got an interview need advice on pay

Options
  • 11-02-2010 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Ok I've got an interview set up for this month, its a sales job there is a basic hourly pay but a part of the job is driving. On the job description there is no detail about extra pay to cover petrol or other expenses "m50 charge etc."

By right should an employer offer fuel allowance and extra pay for other expenses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If an employer is not providing you with a company vehicle but is expecting you to travel for the job, then the level of pay should reflect the fact that you have to buy more expensive insurance, more petrol, get more maintenance, etc. Or they should allow you to reclaim mileage expenses, as well as claiming back a proportion of your insurance and maintenance costs.

They don't have to though, you'll find many marketing companies will expect their reps to drive everywhere out of their own pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Audiomad

should I ask for extra pay do you think they would expect me to?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Before asking for extra pay I would ask them what kind of expenses they will pay you for driving.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

seamus wrote: »
    Before asking for extra pay I would ask them what kind of expenses they will pay you for driving.
    And compare how the basic pay measures up as it may be priced in your base salary.

Advertisement