Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BLEEP TEST

• 11-02-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi guys ,
    Did bleep test last nite with club,i came in at 16.1. Just wondering how that stands in general. I was told it was pretty good. The top score was 17.3 and the man who was conducting the test said he had only seen 1 person go as far as 18.2 in all the years and places he has been.
    We're doing another test in 8-10 weeks so i hope to break that 18.2.
    Has anyone any other info. on bleep tests?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Gaz

You did a what now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Remember reading a few years back that when he was in his prime, David Backham could finish the bleep test. Not sure how true it was though.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BlueIsland

yeh thats a good score. did you do it inside or outside?? big difference!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BlueIsland

Remember reading a few years back that when he was in his prime, David Backham could finish the bleep test. Not sure how true it was though.

M

Intercountry gaelic footballers finish it regularly. lads in my g.a.a club have finished it inside!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hey,

There is a good table at the end of this link that shows the times and distances, as well as what police and military in what country will take as an acceptable score for entry to their establishments. (there is also a link on that page where you can download it!)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test

16 is a very good score, did it a few weeks ago, and even the fitter of my friends were struggling after level 12.

Go Team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

at 102kg i got 9.4 :P indoors tho, not sure which is harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

be careful what you are looking up on the internet about normative scores - different beep tests (yes there are variations) have different scorecards while a 16.1 may be good on one for example it may be relatively poor on another e.g the Bangsbo beep test.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭solway

You gettin the way of it now Gaz?
    We did our test inside. We did it outside a few years ago and it was a lot tougher. Did it back then in about 15.2 or 15.3. I was a lot younger then though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭KeithReilly

Is there a certain age that your too young to do fitness testing like the bleep test?

For instance I myself couldn't see any harm in using the beep test from 13 years upward to keep a track of a players fitness and be used as a tool for the trainer to monitor the effect his training was having rather than being a used to force young fellas to do too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

it's pretty stupid to compare random scores with charts, lists or people who did the test a different.

I've seen it done a few times and I've never seen the person organising it measure out the distance. They always just guess. Which makes no difference if its a one off, but menas that there is no point comparing with others.

16 could be fairly average if your were running a short distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

Mellor wrote: »
    it's pretty stupid to compare random scores with charts, lists or people who did the test a different.

I've seen it done a few times and I've never seen the person organising it measure out the distance. They always just guess. Which makes no difference if its a one off, but menas that there is no point comparing with others.

16 could be fairly average if your were running a short distance.

I remember doing it with my local gaa club a few years back and 14.7 was the top score so if its the same test i would think his 16 is better then average.

thekid9 wrote: »
    I remember doing it with my local gaa club a few years back and 14.7 was the top score so if its the same test i would think his 16 is better then average.

did you even read my post? or do you struggle with english.

I said it could be average, if the distance was shorter. Obviously, it could be way better if it was longer.

The test has to be run over exactly 20 metres. It often isn't.

If you still don't understand, then i can't do much more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Have to agree with Mellor. Seen it done more often than not at some approximate distance established by guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭solway

Mellor wrote: »
    did you even read my post? or do you struggle with english.

I said it could be average, if the distance was shorter. Obviously, it could be way better if it was longer.

The test has to be run over exactly 20 metres. It often isn't.

If you still don't understand, then i can't do much more.
    Jesus mellor did you get out of the wrong side of the bed,chill the beans man:) You sound like someone who has struggled with this before.
    We did it on an indoor basketball court. Our trainer measured out exactly 22 metres with a tape measure.He added on the extra 2 metres to get the most out of us. If we failed to get to the line before the beep you were gone (no questions asked,you were gone) All our scores were taken down and we will have a re-run in 6-8 weeks.

solway wrote: »
    Jesus mellor did you get out of the wrong side of the bed,chill the beans man:) You sound like someone who has struggled with this before.
    We did it on an indoor basketball court. Our trainer measured out exactly 22 metres with a tape measure.He added on the extra 2 metres to get the most out of us. If we failed to get to the line before the beep you were gone (no questions asked,you were gone) All our scores were taken down and we will have a re-run in 6-8 weeks.

I wasn't refering to you above btw, it was to the guy who quoted me and complete disregarded what I actually said.
    Seeing as it was 22 metres, its a great score. But this proves my point of the scores not being comparative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Het guys, interested in organising this for my local GAA club, do again in 6-8 weeks and see if/what improvments.
    How can I manually do a bleep test, is there a set time one can go by and just have someone with a stopwatch and a whistle instead of the beeps?

Advertisement