Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Misprice?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Im trying to figure out how good a deal this is, anyone here that works in computer sales have an opinion on it?

I was in PC world today and they all seem to be just a little bit more expensive/less spec'd but nothing major.

I just dont know whether to wait a few more months till i get soemthing new or get this now!?

This is a really good deal IMO. I'm a real tight-ass when it comes to buying things like this, i've been humming and hawing over a few half decent laptop offers that came up over the last few months but when I saw this one I ordered it right away. I still believe this is a misprice and I can't understand why they haven't corrected it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

I just received mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

Thanks OP ordered yesterday, got confirmation last night saying the estimate delivery day is 23-3, so ONE MONTH, just wondering how long is actually taking ? they took the money yday already

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Was looking at this laptop for work.

We run tomcat, SQL Server and a few other bits to run a webapp to demo to clients.
    The current old dell lappy is a bit slow. I think think this would do a great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Ordered mine last night...its saying the delivery is 26/03/10....thats a massive wait. If i had of known it taks that long i would of got something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Ordered this today, estimated delivery 26th March!!!!

I can't wait this long, does anyone know a Dell phone number so I can cancel this order?

Appreciated.

-rubberduckey

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

norbert64 wrote: »
    link for the epp version that Soarer kindly suggested earlier. (Discount seems to be given at checkout)
    http://ireland.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/minicat/new/upsell/inspiron-1764-N0076401?c=ie&cs=ieepp1&l=en&s=dhs

guys, whats the name of the company to put in to get the discount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

gumbo wrote: »
    guys, whats the name of the company to put in to get the discount?

bank of ireland is one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

Looks like they fixed the price its back to €649 congrats to those who purchased!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looks like they fixed the price its back to €649 congrats to those who purchased!

god damn it, i had this in my basket last night for 555e inc vat and delivery but couldnt get a company name to put into the epp box :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

It's not the same offer anymore. Seems they tried to sell off stock by the cheaper price, as the specs have changed now.

Now it is a 1GB Graphics Card (512 MB before), has Bluetooth (previously not included) and comes with 15 months McAffee (as far as I remember not included in the previous offer).

I ordered the previous offer on the 12th, and it was delievered yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

DubDani wrote: »

What was your expected delivery date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

kc66 wrote: »
    What was your expected delivery date?

Now, that's a good question !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Expected delivery date was the 26th (today), so it arrived 2 days early.

I ordered on Tuesday, got expected delivery date of 25th March. But checked now and see it shipped yesterday. Thanks OP and other boardsie with the EPP link. Gumbo- I just put the company where I work in for the EPP company name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

DubDani wrote: »
    It's not the same offer anymore. Seems they tried to sell off stock by the cheaper price, as the specs have changed now.

Now it is a 1GB Graphics Card (512 MB before), has Bluetooth (previously not included) and comes with 15 months McAffee (as far as I remember not included in the previous offer).

they seem to have canned the McAffee bit already, lol.

mind you, is the Productivity package not still a better/equally good deal.
    If you go through the build/purchasing process, it also NOW has the same 1 GB card and bluetooth and comes out at 536 with the epp thing?

320 GB HDD is still a decent size.

Some pertinent info bout the card here fyi. Much difference in DesktopVsLaptop?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055840019

Received today. Nice laptop. Cheers OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

I have this laptop for a little over a week now and I must say overall I'm very happy with it so thanks again to the OP.

The screen quality is beautiful, everything is crystal clear and everything looks great on it. I also multitask quite a bit and have several programs running at once and this laptop handles it all with no effort at all.

The only minor gripes I have are the position of the power adapter jack at the side of the machine, I've already nearly damaged it a couple of times. The other thing is the sound I'm getting out of the speakers seems kind of tinny compared to what I got from my old inspiron 6400, but maybe I need to play around with my settings somewhere?

Overall this machine is great value for the money though, if you're looking for a mid-range laptop you would do well to find a better bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

The newer Inspirons lack the subwoofer that came with the previous generation. I know this after comparing my own Inspiron 9400 with my brothers new Inspiron 17.

It's amazing the difference in clarity when it comes to music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Additional 5% off if anyone hasn't bought yet:

ie_dhs_18.jpg
    DRX9WX8NT98TFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭loopymum

Aldito wrote: »
    Additional 5% off if anyone hasn't bought yet:

ie_dhs_18.jpg
    DRX9WX8NT98TFC

The coupon code isn't working for me and no info as to why not.
    I have gone to the dell site through the above link the EP program and no joy on either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Normally those coupons are only on certain systems over a certain price...normally either €799 or €899.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

expired :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Nice laptop, thanks OP.

Only thing im not mad about is the size of it...although it wont ever leave my apartment so suppose that doesnt really matter.

Advertisement