Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doggy grooming course

Options
  • 11-02-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

hi
    i am at my witts end trying to find a dog grooming course that is part time and close to kilkenny or full time in the summer as i off from work... does anyone no of anywhere that does it in or near kilkenny i no they are on in dublin and kildare but i need somewhere closer... thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

The VEC were running an animal care course that included grooming, think it was a fetac level 5 course. It's definitely in Kilkenny, but not sure it would give the proper qualification you want.
    You could try contacting a few groomers and asking where they trained, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I do a fetac level 5 animal care course, and it does give you a qualification in grooming, like you could work in a grooming place. But you'd really have to do a level 6 grooming course aswell if you wanted to start your own business, imo, because you'd have to do show clips and stuff that would be difficult. I don't think I'd be able to groom any dog on my after this year, but I could nearly.

Advertisement