Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox/Internet Explorer Trouble

Options
  • 11-02-2010 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

I installed windows 7 Ultimate this week and ever since then whenever I use Internet Explorer or Firefox, i come across a small problem.

The two applications open up fine and i can browse away. but when i close down the app and later open it, it refuses to open. It's gettin realy annoyin. Does any1 know what the problem might be.

I downloaded firefox from mozilla.org compatible for windows. and internet explorer came with the windows package.

I've tried runnning both compatible with previous versions of windows to no avail.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Try hitting ctrl-alt-del > Task Manager before you try to reopen either browser, if the browser you are going to reopen is listed there the problem is that Windows 7 isn't ending the process - I'm not sure what the solution is though as I don't use Windows 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 paul.mcguinness

Yes i agree i have had this problem recently, there is a known bug in Firefox and the next release should fix it. The quickest way is to go to the task manager & go to processes find "firefox" and click "End Process"

Advertisement