Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dog keeps making sweet love to the ball in the back garden!

Options
  • 11-02-2010 4:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

Help :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Male or female? Are they neutered? Do you tell them 'no' ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

star-pants wrote: »
    Male or female? Are they neutered? Do you tell them 'no' ?

Male! Yes i tell them no and call him a dirty little Bastid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is he neutered? if not, might be best to get him done then.

Male! Yes i tell them no and call him a dirty little Bastid :pac:

Yes he's neutered, or yes you just tell him no?

Neutering doesn't necessarily solve the problem but if he's not being a stud then no harm having it done for his own benefit.

You need to be firm, say 'NO' and stop him. And you need to do this every time, so he learns not to do it. Unless it's just the ball he does this with, you could remove the ball, get him another toy, but if he loves playing with it (apart from the humping) it'd be a little unfair to take it away.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

My neutered dog has pretty much always done this to his blanket / bed. Found it kind of funny myself, usually does it after he has a particularly nice meal or a treat. I treat it as a sign that he's happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

What age is he.

Our dog went through a phase of humping stuff, I think it was basically his teenage years and going through doggy puberty. Only went on for a while then he was grand.

I think it was around the 10 month mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Help :D

You are not listening to him, he needs a doggie girlfriend :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

andreac wrote: »
    Is he neutered? if not, might be best to get him done then.

No he's not

MarkR wrote: »
    My neutered dog has pretty much always done this to his blanket / bed. Found it kind of funny myself, usually does it after he has a particularly nice meal or a treat. I treat it as a sign that he's happy.

He's a Typical man then :pac:
    cruizer101 wrote: »
    What age is he.

Our dog went through a phase of humping stuff, I think it was basically his teenage years and going through doggy puberty. Only went on for a while then he was grand.

I think it was around the 10 month mark.

He's 2
    bogman wrote: »
    You are not listening to him, he needs a doggie girlfriend :D

Do they sell blow up dogs??

Well I'd consider getting him neutered, and implementing discipline that's consistent, so he knows not to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Unless you show him or intend to breed from him then you should deffo neuter him.
    Its much better healthwise to have a dog neutered and i would highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭supermum1

I'd definitely say to neuter. He's just frustrated and wants a female! Problem is that if he gets oput he will find a female, and there's enough stray pups as is!! Also the health benefits are huge, you should talk to your vet about it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

You could try to train him to not do it anymore, but it'd be alot easier just to neuter him!

Advertisement