Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tiny keyboard or tricking computer...

• 11-02-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

currently, and its probably going to stay this way, you have to have a keyboard plugged into a macbook pro in order for it to work with an external display in clamshell mode.

I am wondering does anyone know of a device that I can plug in that the mac will think is a keyboard (the idea of cutting the usb connection of an old keyboard and plugging it in would work except for the small issue of the chip in the keyboard that talks to the mac...) I could leave a keyboard plugged in but in my set up its a bit ugly and cumbersome. A bluetooth keyboard would work but the hassle of batteries is horrible.

I am using synergy to use my imac's keyboard and mouse, hence the lack of keyboard in the laptop. I thought of one of those role up keyboards but really don't want to spend more than a few euro... Thought of dealextreme but didn't know what to look for that might work.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

One device I know which emulates a keyboard is YubiKey.

It's a cheap USB security device.
    You click on the button in the usb device and it emulates a keyboard, typing in a large one-time password for you.

I don't know if key-loggers emulate a keyboard ?
    Not sure if there's a usb keylogger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

One device I know which emulates a keyboard is YubiKey.

It's a cheap USB security device.
    You click on the button in the usb device and it emulates a keyboard, typing in a large one-time password for you.

I don't know if key-loggers emulate a keyboard ?
    Not sure if there's a usb keylogger.

that looks good, maybe a bit overkill for my needs and a little more expensive. Its definitely an option though, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Why don't you just do exactly as you said, get an old cheapy USB keyboard and cut out the guts of it discarding the other lumps?

Just tuck the mess away into something so nobody even knows it's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Why don't you just do exactly as you said, get an old cheapy USB keyboard and cut out the guts of it discarding the other lumps?

Just tuck the mess away into something so nobody even knows it's there.

i was thinking of that, but i don't actually have an old keyboard... what about cutting the rectangular block off http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7846 and just plugging that in? although it seems a shame to destroy a new keyboard...

or would this work? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5

side not, how do I name links so they appear as a word etc? can't find how to do it...

Advertisement