Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alexander McQueen Found Dead?

• 11-02-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently Alexander McQueen has been found dead at his London home - Link. Suicide according to the article.

What a pity if this is true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

http://www.instyle.co.uk/news/breaking-news-alexander-mcqueen-dies-tragically-11-02-10
    British fashion designer found dead at his home in London's East End
    The tragic news that British fashion designer Alexander McQueen has died has just been confirmed by the fashion house.
    The fashion designer, whose first name was Lee but who designed under his middle name, Alexander, was one of Britain's finest fashion exports and a protégé of the late Isabella Blow.
    As the designer's career continued its stellar ascent, he went on to be awarded the CBE and was named International Designer of the Year by the Council of Fashion Designer Awards a total of three times.
    A representative from the design house said in a statement today:
    "On behalf of Lee McQueen’s family, Alexander McQueen today announces the tragic news that Lee McQueen, the founder and designer of the Alexander McQueen brand has been found dead at his home. At this stage it is inappropriate to comment on this tragic news beyond saying that we are devastated and are sharing a sense of shock and grief with Lee’s family."

Yeah, looks like it. His stuff was awesome. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Like or loath his work youo have to be amazed by some of his creations.
    A sad loss to the industry.

daphne-guiness-in-mcqueen-armadillo-shoes.png

McQueens icionic Armadillo shoes.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Yep, RIP. His stuff was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,620 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

British fashion designer Alexander McQueen, whose cutting-edge dresses were worn by stars like Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Lady Gaga, was found dead in his London home this morning, reports The Associated Press. He was 40 years old. Cause-of-death rumors have begun to circulate online, but officials say the the cause of death remains unknown. McQueen rose to fame in the 90s, earning a reputation for controversial designs and lavish runway shows. A few of McQueen’s most famous works include Gwyneth Paltrow’s see-through 2002 Oscar dress and the “lobster claw” shoes worn by Lady Gaga in her 2009 “Bad Romance” music video.
    RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

RIP big man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

:(:(:(:(:(:( Legend.... RIP x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

It's just so tragic :( He was such a talented designer.

RIP McQ :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Such a loss to the industry, and didn't he recently lose his mother? The poor family.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

R.I.P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Very sad news altogether. So young too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Wow, very shocking news. Really sad. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Ah God very sad indeed. And so soon after his mother died. Terrible, such a young man. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

First celebrity death I've actually cared about. Loved his stuff

alexander-mcqueen-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

His stuff was gorgeous, Cheryl Cole wears it all the time.
    It just goes to show, all the money and talent and recognition in the world, none of it matters in the end if you are not happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

fonpokno wrote: »
    Ah God very sad indeed. And so soon after his mother died. Terrible, such a young man. :(

His mother interviewed him here:

mcqueen372.jpg
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2004/apr/20/guesteditors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I absolutely LOVED his creations and always said that if I ever won the Lotto I'd definately get myself a pair of those amazing shows (as showin in the pic above)....

What a loss to the industry....Sleep well Lee Alexander McQueen <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

I first heard about him when he made some beautiful frock coats for David Bowie on his tour in 1997.

Wishing you peace now Lee Alexander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Personally never liked his stuff but you gotta admire his imagination and creativity. Very sad he felt this was his only option.

Advertisement