Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car flags

Options
  • 11-02-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭

The last few days around the city i've been noticing a few cars with the little car flags on them. Nothing strange there except they're not the usual GAA colours, they look to me like the national flag of Somalia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Somalia.svg

The drivers don't seem to be Somalian so does anyone know what this is about? Its been wrecking my head for a few days and i'm sure there's a reason behind it.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

St. Marys College, Rathmines flag. They're currently in the Leinster Schools Senior Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Eh... that's the St Mary's College (Rathmines) Rugby flag. Not Somalia!

It's Leinster Senior Cup time of year again.

Incidentally theres a St Mary's table quiz fundraiser for Haiti on the 17th if people are interested... good cause, cheap night out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Well there ya go, thanks guys.
    Its crazy how big schools rugby is when compared to the National league.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

My car has the somalian flag on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Incidentally theres a St Mary's table quiz fundraiser for Haiti on the 17th if people are interested... good cause, cheap night out

Where's it on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Sundew wrote: »
    Where's it on?

Somalia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dan1895 wrote: »
    i'm sure there's a reason behind it.

Other than idiocy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

As an aside,i noticed a funeral cortege the other day and a few of the cars behind it (not the funeral homes mercs) had black flags hanging from the top of the windows just like the GAA/Leinster/Munster ones you see around.

Is this a new thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Sundew wrote: »
    Where's it on?
    In St Marys rugby club, wednesday evening next @ 7pm

It's being hosted by the past pupils union.

Not a bad way to get over the midweek slump, it's cheap, and all proceeds to the Holy Ghosts working on the ground in Haiti.

Advertisement