Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nerdy Valentines present?

Options
  • 11-02-2010 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to make my boyfriend something a little technie for valentines. I don't have much money,and i've made photo videos,cards,mixed cds all before. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Nerds are so hard to pick pressies for..and your making it...mmm ponder ponder what kinda stuff other than nerdy things is he into

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Make him a robot costume out of boxes covered in tinfoil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭clairemcbear

Milly33 wrote: »
    Nerds are so hard to pick pressies for..and your making it...mmm ponder ponder what kinda stuff other than nerdy things is he into

he's harder to buy for since he's so specific on whats his favourite at the minute,changes so much! He's into music (made mixed cd before) he's into film (not watching films,the making etc..) He's into photography (made photo collages and slideshows before,would love a projector he'd love that but don't have one) He's into programming,and computer software and hardware,gadgets etc... that's all I can think of ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Nerdy Valentines day card messages:

You are CSS to my HTML
    WITH YOU, LIFE IS ALL IN CAPS

yes, lame, but that's what V day is all about :)

Maybe check out the Gaget Shop? You can get him something deadly for around 20quid or less

Nerdy Valentines day card messages:

You are CSS to my HTML
    WITH YOU, LIFE IS ALL IN CAPS

yes, lame, but that's what V day is all about :)

Maybe check out the Gaget Shop? You can get him something deadly for around 20quid or less

Thanks! yeah I found those cards on google too ha I made a load of 'love hearts' sweets in photoshop and wrote nerdy messages on each one,they're included ha

Thanks i'll have a look at the link :D

• Advertisement

mcmoo22 wrote: »
    Thanks! yeah I found those cards on google too ha I made a load of 'love hearts' sweets in photoshop and wrote nerdy messages on each one,they're included ha

Thanks i'll have a look at the link :D

That love heart idea is fantastic!! Have you ever seen these?

http://www.firebox.com/product/1187/Silver-Plated-and-Gold-Plated-Love-Heart?via=ser

I was going to buy my boyfriend one of these but i like your idea better (cheaper!!)

Hope your present goes down well!!

http://www.firebox.com/product/1187/Silver-Plated-and-Gold-Plated-Love-Heart?via=ser

I was going to buy my boyfriend one of these but i like your idea better (cheaper!!)

Yeah he really liked it, I also stole some 'nerdy cards' from the internet and recreated them,then put them in a slideshow. I had videos of us playing on my laptop on mute,and had music playing on his laptop. I bought candles in tesco and lit them,and these amazing LED balloons from tesco too, He LOVED those, as you can imagine nerds would :p It all went way better than I could have imagined,having nooo money ha

The love hearts took awhile,I did them as circles,it was much easier and made copies of each colour. He said they looked more real as circles anyway. I put drop shadows on them to make them stand out.

Hope your valentines goes great! good luck x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Gstore.ie (Tony)

Hi Janet,

Just to let you know for next year :D we also stock the same item and are a Irish based Gadget store.

Link here

Hope everyone is having a good Valentines Day

Best Regards
    Tony

Hi Janet,

Just to let you know for next year :D we also stock the same item and are a Irish based Gadget store.

Link here

Hope everyone is having a good Valentines Day

Best Regards
    Tony

Deadly!! Thanks for that, i'll be sending my order your way then :D you're a lot cheaper than the other site!

Advertisement