Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second-hand furniture shops in Mayo

• 11-02-2010 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi Folks,

just wondering are there any good second-hand furniture shops in Mayo?

Am hoping to buy a sofa and armchair at a decent price, and would rather pick something out of a shop and get it delivered (am in South Mayo) rather than the grief of taking the 'donedeal.ie'/'buyandsell' route, trying to get my hands on a van for collection / delivery etc.

Anyway, if anyone knows if Mayo has any of these shops, 'twould be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try the Gaeity in Islandeady. Also Castlebar Furniture in Golden Mile Retail Park used do 2nd hand stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

You should also have a look at jumbletown.ie. This is a free site and you can sometimes get really nice pieces of furniture there for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

I remember Bygones of Ireland which was in Westport. Got a lot of great furniture there years ago when we built our house. It has closed down since but has it relocated anywhere else I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 HowAreYeGettinO

Thanks for the replies folks - much appreciated! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bodicea

dec25532 wrote: »
    I remember Bygones of Ireland which was in Westport. Got a lot of great furniture there years ago when we built our house. It has closed down since but has it relocated anywhere else I wonder?

Was that the one down by Northern Feather, it had some really unusual stuff.....I loved that shop and went back to get a garden seat they had and it was closed.....I'd love to know if they've relocated too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Yeah,that was the one. Think they are gone though.

Advertisement