Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisis "Wat Crisis"?

Options
  • 11-02-2010 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

When ever Arry was interviewed over the last number of weeks he harped on about only losing one game in so many weeks. “If this is a crisis I wish we could ave one every week”. Why oh why could you not see what was coming. The media could so could the fans and even the neutrals so why not you Harry?. My lord , we’ve dropped so many soft points of late that in your inspiration you select a team last night that had every one running for cover. I could cry because we should be up there challenging the Gooners for third spot. Sunday is a must win game because if we exit the cup than a long season of mid table obscurity beckons and we have not even got the second week of February down. Cop on Harry we all know we have a good squad , so start picking the best team available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

When ever Arry was interviewed over the last number of weeks he harped on about only losing one game in so many weeks. “If this is a crisis I wish we could ave one every week”. Why oh why could you not see what was coming. The media could so could the fans and even the neutrals so why not you Harry?. My lord , we’ve dropped so many soft points of late that in your inspiration you select a team last night that had every one running for cover. I could cry because we should be up there challenging the Gooners for third spot. Sunday is a must win game because if we exit the cup than a long season of mid table obscurity beckons and we have not even got the second week of February down. Cop on Harry we all know we have a good squad , so start picking the best team available.[/QUOTE]

who would you have pickd instead of the team last night??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

"
    who would you have pickd instead of the team last night??"

corluka, modric, palacious, crouch, is that enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Palacios for one, also I wouldn't have played Kaboul at right back, either play him centre half or don't play him.

Jenas is a disgrace, a total waster, badly at fault for the goal, left his man go while daydreaming as usual. Recent bad results have coincided with his inclusion over the last few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

keane=cock wrote: »

I would have picked the exact same team that hammered Villa last weekend (albeit without getting the 3 points). Fair enough it's Wolves away, but we badly needed 3 points. We may have gone 12 games without a loss (or something like that) but we haven't had many wins either.

I'm disgusted. Jenas needs to go now. I've always thought he had something to offer but he just needs to hang his boots up and march on. This season was our best ever chance and we have royally f*cked it up. We won't have it this easy next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Might I just add that I'm embarrassed to go anywhere near the 'Race for 4th' thread in the Soccer forum. I had so hoped to be able to turn around to the naysayers this season and laugh as we claimed 4th, but as usual Spurs disappoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

SuprSi wrote: »
    Might I just add that I'm embarrassed to go anywhere near the 'Race for 4th' thread in the Soccer forum. I had so hoped to be able to turn around to the naysayers this season and laugh as we claimed 4th, but as usual Spurs disappoint.

A draw against Wolves on Wednesday and we would have been back up to 4th. Thats why the defeat was so dissapointing.

I would not call it a crisis though. Being in a relegation battle is a crisis. Sunderlands, Wigans, Portsmouth form of late, when your team is in freefall thats when its a crisis. One defeat from 12( I think that stat is correct?) is not a crisis.

Look at next weeks fixtures- Stoke can take points off City in midweek, City then host Liverpool and we take on Wigan. A victory for us and we are right back up there.

And a win against Bolton at the weekend will leave us 2 games from Wembley.

Coys!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

its not a crisis but it was just sloppy from harry. he was due in court the following morning so he prob shouldnt have travelled, let joe jordan in charge for the night and pick out strongest 11. simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

The one fella that always sticks in my mind for stupid comments like 'we have only 4 times in 16 games' was Gerry Francis. He used to do my head in coming on MOTD every week and saying annoying things like that :mad:

every team has it bad spells.

serious i know its frustrating as hell losin games to a bottom side a few days after destroying a team from the top 6 but thats the competitiveness of the league. teams come up against us and defend for a point and hope to nick something on the break or a set piece. we just arent good enough to break them down. we dont have that extra bite that the other teams above us have to grind out the result.

mickman wrote: »
    "
    who would you have pickd instead of the team last night??"

corluka, modric, palacious, crouch, is that enough?

corluka has featured in nearly every game this season, with a few absenses on rare occasions, granted kaboul is not the ideal choice to replace him but all our other right fulls were sent out on loan. i dont get it either!

modric is only coming back to fitness after a broken leg and with all the games in such short a space of time needs not to be rushed.

palacious is missed when he doesnt play.

crouch for me takes away everything spurs are good at, passing. everything is aimed up to him in the air. id personally prefer to see him on the bench and used as a sub.

dont shoot me down here boys i dont think any team should field a weakend side EVER. these lads are paid massive wages to play football. if that means 2 or 3 matches a week, so be it. they will get their extra apprearance fees as so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

A draw against Wolves on Wednesday and we would have been back up to 4th. Thats why the defeat was so dissapointing.

I would not call it a crisis though. Being in a relegation battle is a crisis. Sunderlands, Wigans, Portsmouth form of late, when your team is in freefall thats when its a crisis. One defeat from 12( I think that stat is correct?) is not a crisis.

Look at next weeks fixtures- Stoke can take points off City in midweek, City then host Liverpool and we take on Wigan. A victory for us and we are right back up there.

And a win against Bolton at the weekend will leave us 2 games from Wembley.

Coys!!!
    Things sound a bit better when you look at it that way :cool:

Advertisement