Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer day camps for kids?

Options
  • 11-02-2010 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I did put a similar post in the Dublin City forum, but figured there might be more info here. I'm trying to organize my summer. In the Dublin area are there day camps for kids? Not sleep away camps, but a place where the kids go do learn sports, scouting etc and come home in the late afternoon? Any recommended ones? I did try Google, but perhaps I'm not calling it the right thing, because I didn't find anything.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Theere are loads but a lot fo them depend on his age.
    A lot of play schools and creches run sumer camps as do some schools.
    It is a little early for them to be advertising yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dafa

Camp Blackrock is good, you pay per week. Some pools that have leisure centres attached will have summer camps too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Usually the ads for them go up around easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Check out your local sports centre/community centre, most clubs do some sort of summer camp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

There are lots of day camps. The only limits are your child's age and the size of your budget. However, my experience of the camps was that many finished at around 2 or 3pm, which was inconvenient for many working parents.

Good camps that my son enjoyed:

Surfdock in the Grand Canal run an excellent summer camp where he learned to windsurf, sail, kayak, etc.

Pine Forest Arts Centre in Kilternan run very popular art camps.

Leinster Cricket Club run two two-week multi-sport camps during the summer where kids can play cricket, tennis, squash and other sports.

David Lloyd Riverview also have a very good multi-sport camp for kids, but it finishes at around 1 oclock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 desper8hsewife

how old is ur kid? i have a pre schooler and last yr i sent him to a camp run by the local creche. i know that the primary schools sometimes run ones too for older kids. or the local leisure club here ran one too - but my fella was too young - hopefully can send him this yr. around easter is best time to check around. best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

desper8hsewife just to remind you text speak is not used on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 desper8hsewife

sorry! force of habit I guess! don't really practice proper typing anymore! guess I need to get back into things before my young fella hits school!! thanks!

Advertisement