Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in Rosslare Harbour?

• 11-02-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I have been using SkyTel for the last 2 year or more, 3MB package. The speed is fine, but in the last few months the connection seems to drop out for a few minutes about 3 or 4 times every hour. I work from home and use a Virtual Private Network to connect into a UK office. I also have a revision control system Perforce open which can access systems via internal IP addresses in the UK office via this VPN. With SkyTel dropping out so often, its becoming a pain to have to constantly reconnect and relaunch some application a few times an hour.

I have told them what is happening and the response I am getting is we are monitoring your connection with pings and dont see any problems, yet when I pop into the office to speak with them, and they start up a ping test, they see it happening on screen ( after I point it out!! ), and then say ok its happening and still do nothing about it. The staff are going to speak to Garrett ( the boss ), but seemingly I am not allowed to speak to him or explain the problems I a having, as I am just a customer ( roll eyes ). Its not like phoning Microsoft and asking to speak to Bill, as SkyTel has about 3 office based staff, and they dont seem to be helping.

I am looking at Imagine 7.6Mb package, anybody else use this?. Good or bad?. Also, maybe permanet, but been reading some bad reports lately?

Thanks.

Advertisement