Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vermin control , hunting or not

Options
  • 11-02-2010 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi there ,
    My mates father has a couple of shot guns ( one soon to be on here for sale) , he only has these for vemin control on 2 large sport pitches he has had em for years ..

anyways he wants to keep hold of 1 of his shotguns and was asking me about how to apply ..

Now its for vermin control (not very often) and not hunting ..

he only has sporting grounds to shoot on and not farmers land so no permissions ..

any ideas ?

Dar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

How large are large sportspitches ? If he has permission from the sportsclubs to shoot there he has permission to hunt land. Shooting vermin is also a form of hunting. I suppose he shoots rabbit, crows and magpies on and around the pitches ?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

ok darr, if your da has done this for years then i am assuming he had permission already from the sports club.
    if thats the case then he just needs to get written permission signed and dated from the club,same as before.
    the gardai might want to see the area and check out the lands proximity to buildings etc and general safety issues.
    if he was granted his licence for the same reason before this then i dont see a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

thanks guys , yep control of the local burrowing wildlife is the main reason .. 2 are very areas in non built up areas so safety is no worries .

i will tell him get him the persmissions from the club and see how it goes .
    thanks
    Dar

Advertisement