Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help - finding someone from Galway

Options
  • 11-02-2010 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hello

I am trying to find a friend of the family who came from Galway. His name is Patrick Joseph Burke and he would now be in his sixties/seventies. He was in Leicestershire, England in the 1960s. I have been told that he was the owner of garages.

Could anyone help. I don't know if he was from Galway city or the county. Unfortunately I don't have any more info on him. I am from England if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Sam

PS I have written to the Galway Advertiser and they have said they will put a letter in the paper this week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

There are Burkes who own a garage in Clonbur. That is the only one I know. But finding a PJ Burke in County Galway is needle in haystack time. Perhaps you should have sent the letter to other papers in the county as well as the Advertiser has a very limited circulation.

Advertisement