Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of roads in Wicklow Mts.

Options
  • 11-02-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the state of the roads is in the Wicklow Mts. at the moment, specifically the Sally Gap? I saw that the road from Laragh was blocked and marked "access for residents only" the last time I was there, and heard that it was in a bit of a mess up by Glenmacnass there, but what about access as far as the Pier Gates or slightly beyond if you go up from just before Roundwood?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Alun wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the state of the roads is in the Wicklow Mts. at the moment, specifically the Sally Gap? I saw that the road from Laragh was blocked and marked "access for residents only" the last time I was there, and heard that it was in a bit of a mess up by Glenmacnass there, but what about access as far as the Pier Gates or slightly beyond if you go up from just before Roundwood?

On Tuesday, Laragh to Glencree was passable. The erosion near Glenmacnass has been fixed with gravel. Kilbride to Roundwood was clear the week before, so should be fine now. There was still some snow on the road near Kippure, but passable by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

FYI the road up around Pier Gates was lethal today. Most of the road was fine, but anywhere where the sun was blocked by trees was very icy. Saw someone in a Focus sliding sideways downhill for quite a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks for that! We're due more snow over the coming week so the situation will only get worse.

Even on Saturday, driving from Enniskerry to Glencree in the early morning there were some icy / snowy patches left over from a very slight snowfall on Thursday night.

Be careful out there.

Advertisement