Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenging stereotypes?

Options
  • 11-02-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Seen this aages ago but thought I would share it and get people's opinions, bit of intelligent discussion and that :eek:

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

to me its just another guy, i have no prob with him tattooing himself anywhere and everywhere,

now in contrast to that, i am living down the country and i would get some of the response he spoke of about my sleeves,

dont judge a book by its cover, he has reasons for ink, i have mine

i really loving seeing 100% total coverage but i more intrested in non-neo-tribal based designs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Just another guy who became aware of his own mortality and feels like pushing the boundaries, good on 'em.

djrlittleton: Dont judge a book by its cover? ..bo!!ocks, how will I know what its about without reading the back? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Parts look really good, his upper arms I like. Fair play to him for going for the all over coverage. Not something I'd want but he likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Fair play I think, his work is certainly unique looking. Can't even imagine the amount of grief he'd get though. (No sound here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

He started on his genitals......whatever about piercings but starting with a tatoo there....ouch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i get enough grief as a student midwife with tattoos on my inner wrists, can't imagine trying to get by in ireland with total coverage! :(
    really cool though, i like to see people really being themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭baz_ctr

i have a few tattoo's myself couple on my arms, i would have to say the worst time was out in a discobar in a t-shirt chatting with group of friends when the girl behind mewith her back to me turned around took one look at me (like a rabbit in the headlights look) took her jacket and drink and moved them to the other side of the table they were at, i actually felt embrassed by her ignorance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

baz_ctr wrote: »
    i have a few tattoo's myself couple on my arms, i would have to say the worst time was out in a discobar in a t-shirt chatting with group of friends when the girl behind mewith her back to me turned around took one look at me (like a rabbit in the headlights look) took her jacket and drink and moved them to the other side of the table they were at, i actually felt embrassed by her ignorance :rolleyes:

i usually get

randomer: hey you
    Me: Me?
    randomer: Yeah you, what does your tattoo say?
    Me: It says "Chomhraic mé agus bhuaigh"
    randomer: Whaaa?
    Me: "Chomhraic mé agus bhuaigh"
    randomer: whats that chinese or sumpten?
    Me: No its Irish
    randomer: ah deadly wha does it meeyan?
    Me: I have fought and conquered
    randomer: Ha! what have you ever conquered
    Me: It's my family motto, you know, on your family crest...
    randomer: ahh rite, i get ya (then proceeds to turn back)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i have a few piercings, a few tattos and im a biker. The worse thing I get judged by is that I love wearing a hoody. Dont get me wrong I still get loads of stares cos the plugs in me ears and having a shaved head and a beard.
    I wouldnt be into all over tatts meself because they wouldnt suit me but I do admire people who do it.
    I was outside my local about 6 months ago. Got chatting to a chap and he kept on saying sorry because we was having a laugh, jeering each other was all. Im now great friends with him. Asked him a while back, did he act weird around me. He said because I had my bike and bike leathers on me, also cos he seen my piercings and tattoos and short hair and just assumed I was a scumbag. I honestly dont mind that because I do tend to judge a book by its cover aswell. If I see someone my age (26) in a suit, I presume they are tits. Not always the good choice. Me man finds it funny now that I actually hate about 90% of bikers. Anyways this is tattoo talk so ill chat later.

Advertisement