Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

External Insulation (anybody use this?)

• 11-02-2010 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Has anyone built using the external insulation and how are they finding the results?

Mod edit: This deserves a thread on its own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

i oversaw a concreteb home being done was inpressed but couldnt give you the ins and outs of it think i put up a link there on an earlier thread seems to be the way forward are the days of cavity wall coming to an end:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Do you know the company used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I know a chap that brings in external insulation from eastern europe. He was in talks to distribute this through kingspan. I dont know how he got on but he did use the insulation on his own house.

Has to say something in itself

His one comment was that it causes the windowns to look recessed and the doors. So if your ro move these its going to ad a lot to your cost.

However if you live in a small bunglaow space miight bbe a premium

Was a wexford crowd <SNIP> it's in inch on outside Gordy looks good but say your paying for it, any one have approx costs for something like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

stretchaq wrote: »
    Was a wexford crowd <SNIP> it's in inch on outside Gordy looks good but say your paying for it, any one have approx costs for something like this?

Que?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

stretchaq wrote: »
    Was a wexford crowd <snip> it's in inch on outside Gordy looks good but say your paying for it, any one have approx costs for something like this?

Translation, I think......:)
    It was a Wexford company (which we are not allowed to name here of course),
    The company is in Inch outside of Gorey,
    Does anybody have any idea what this material should cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 PatcyMcl

I used 4" insect resistant foam on the outside of my foundation and it is DEFINATELY an advantage.

sorry bout that lads didn't no I couldn't mention the company name tought that was only if you were saying something bad anyway apologies had a quick look around on this something like 120 a sq mtr sounds a bit pricey but I wouldn't be bothered dry lining
    so might look further into it might get thoose lads to get a price for me

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭S Connor

Hi. I got external insulation on my house. It was built in the 60s and is freezing cold. The insulation works great if you get it done right. Unfortunatly the company I used made a complete mess of my home. It has to be totally redone. Make sure to use a company listed with the NSAI. There are only 9 on the list so far for the whole of Ireland.

Advertisement