Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few new 9/11 pictures

• 11-02-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,296 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/dramatic-new-photos-show-true-horror-of-the-911-attacks-2058105.html?start=4

Released on the same day that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad promised to deliver a harsh blow to the "global arrogance" on this year's anniversary of the Islamic Revolution. Regardless of what Ahmadinejad said today, the US couldn't have known what he was going to say. I find it odd that these pictures were released on the same day.

If they were released either on the anniversary of 9/11 last year or kept til this year, I'd see nothing wrong. But today?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/dramatic-new-photos-show-true-horror-of-the-911-attacks-2058105.html?start=4

Released on the same day that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad promised to deliver a harsh blow to the "global arrogance" on this year's anniversary of the Islamic Revolution. Regardless of what Ahmadinejad said today, the US couldn't have known what he was going to say. I find it odd that these pictures were released on the same day.

If they were released either on the anniversary of 9/11 last year or kept til this year, I'd see nothing wrong. But today?

They were released under an FOI request. Not sure how an FOI request for pictures of 9/11 ave any bearing on Iran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Its strange that they had to be released under the freedom of information though,they seem harmless.Wonder if there are more in that picture set that would need to be kept hidden OR is it just officialdom being an ass?

EDIT:and it has nothing to do with iran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

They were taken by police helicopters so were the property of the police. thats why FOI was needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Its strange that they had to be released under the freedom of information though,they seem harmless.Wonder if there are more in that picture set that would need to be kept hidden OR is it just officialdom being an ass?

EDIT:and it has nothing to do with iran

It has nothing to do with Iran, but it could have been a way for the US government to almost justify any actions they may take against Iran. Drum up peoples sympathies etc.

An analogy would be Microsoft saying that on 5th March, they will have a huge announcement about the XBox. Then, on the morning of the 5th, Sony announce that the PS3 will be getting a price drop, before Microsoft make their announcement. That would be Sony trying to steal some of the interest away from Microsoft's announcement, and trying to essentially bring people over to their side.

9/11 was 8 and a half years ago. I know the pictures were taken by a police helicopter and the Freedom of Information Act to get them released. I just think its odd that after all that time, only now, the day of an announcement by the Iran President, that these few, unimportant pictures are released

Advertisement