Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underage kids asking to buy drink

Options
  • 11-02-2010 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I have a problem where I cant seem to walk passed my local Centra without being approached by underage kids asking me to buy them drink. I know I can always say no, which i do, but Im sick of the abusive mumblings that come afterwards.
    Does anyone know who i could complain to? Does the store have any responsibility for this or is it a Garda matter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Does the store have any responsibility

No.

What are the Guards going to do? Rush down to your local Centra because a few kids asked ya to buy them fags?
    Seriously OP I think they might have other things for doing.

It happens me all the time aswell. I just tell them im 17 :)
    What you could do is go in and buy them 20 Woodbine. They might not be too keen to smoke after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Currywurst wrote: »
    I have a problem where I cant seem to walk passed my local Centra without being approached by underage kids asking me to buy them drink. I know I can always say no, which i do, but Im sick of the abusive mumblings that come afterwards.
    Does anyone know who i could complain to? Does the store have any responsibility for this or is it a Garda matter?

Let your local guards know

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I think in some ways the store has a responsibility becasue you won't return to shop there if you are being hassled everytime you go there. I would say it to the store manager abot you feeling threatened and basically if he/she doesn't care, then go to another store.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Let the store manager know, and also let the local Garda station know.

The Gardai may not take direct action, but they will keep an eye on the place.

Fair play to you for saying no.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Call the local big station and ask for the JLO. They deal directly with stores and would be most likely to care.

Remember you can also be prosecuted if you buy booze for underage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I always say no and tell the store manager theyre usually ushered off before i get out. The store should realise its in their best interest in order to keep their customers.

Advertisement