Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicited txts

• 11-02-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Is there an easy way to block a number from calling/texting? I have an E71.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Change your number. I had to do that to stop someone form sending threats via SMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

No, can't change my number, just want to stop someone from txting/calling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can stop them texting if you are on o2?

Stopping calls that are abusive, you have to report it to the next and then the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Had same issue with someone hassling my daughter. Spoke to the Guards & they didn't do anything formally but the spoke to the person invloved & frightened the **** out of him.

Not abusive texts tbh, more someone acting the idiot sending txts over and over. I'm with three btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not abusive texts tbh, more someone acting the idiot sending txts over and over. I'm with three btw.

Not a whole lot you can do unfortunately. The whole free texts to any network haven't helped this whole situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Try something like this (SMS Spam Manager):

http://melonmobile.com/ProductDetailsOverview.aspx?product=204

Try something like this (SMS Spam Manager):

http://melonmobile.com/ProductDetailsOverview.aspx?product=204

Trying this at the minute. If it works well I'll buy it. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks.

Advertisement