Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games to trade

• 11-02-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

bought 2 games recently Far Cry 2 and Halo 3 and have no intererest in them
    would shops go for a trade in on these?
    if not if anyone here is interested in swapping any old games

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I'd say the most you would get in a shop would be 10 euro for the 2 Try Adverts.ie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You'll get very little for either game i'd say. Most shops have a million copies of both of these titles. You'd be better off selling them on Adverts or eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

try gamestop they are doing a deal that you can trade in a game

and get a selected new one for E2/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

There used to be a game swapping thread here... it was handier than using adverts.ie. I've an arm length of games I've finished at this stage and would just like to swap for others I haven't played, because I'll get nothing on trade-ins.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    try gamestop they are doing a deal that you can trade in a game

and get a selected new one for E2/5

Catch is that the games have to be above a certain value. They have to be too fairly newish games you trade in, because they are newish, they'll sell both for €35 or €40.

Its make way more sense to swap games you've finished with others, rather than trading them in for next to nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Catch is that the games have to be above a certain value. They have to be too fairly newish games you trade in, because they are newish, they'll sell both for €35 or €40.

Its make way more sense to swap games you've finished with others, rather than trading them in for next to nothing.

i have traded in wall-e ,surfs up tom Clancys rainbow six secret agent, C.S.I

all of them games they would even be worth my while trading because i wouldn't get much for them.

they will take sports games but no older than 09

I got offered 40 cent in Gamestop for PES2008 a few weeks after PES2009 was out. I seen PES2008 second hand for 13.99 on the way out. How much percentage profit is that?!?

I've had similar situations with the Smackdown vs Raw games too.

Trading in games = bad.
    Swapping games with others = good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i was in gamestop this morning and noticed that both games were for sale for 12 yoyo each so id say you will get buggar all for them on trace in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭kabuk1

Rooney10 wrote: »

I just traded Blue Dragon in for the €2/5 trade-in. This was after I was told they would give me €1 store credit on the game. It can be worth it.

Advertisement