Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comedy Night & St. Patricks Day Sleep In - €23 pps - Dunboyne Castle

• 11-02-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

Must be a mistake! Someone posted about this offer an another forum. Overnight stay and tickets for Joe Rooney of Fr Ted fame! Won't be trying myself but just thought I'd share it with you boardsies:)

http://www.dunboynecastlehotel.com/offers.html?og=6702

Join us for an evening of entertainment with Joe Rooney, who played the unforgettable rebel priest Father Damo, in Father Ted. More recently he has contributed to the Breakfast Show on Newstalk & Killinaskully. Why not then stay & enjoy a late breakfast served until 12 noon & a complimentary late check out at 2pm.

120x90.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I stayed there before on a super-valu break about 2 years ago and it was a nice place. Breakfast was really good and the spa was good but strictly for the girls. Well worth €23 :D The way things are with hotels at the moment maybe it's not a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Thanks lindtee, double rooms are gone but single and twin are still available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

thanks for this! just booked a twin room - not too fussed as we can shove the beds together! :p Have never seen Joe Rooney before, don't even know if I like his style of comedy, but I am more interested in using the thermal suite! for €23, day of relaxing in a sauna/pool and then an overnight stay you can't go wrong!

Anyone know what its like to eat there? is it worth the money, or will we just pop out to the chipper before the gig?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kjpdel

just to let you know double rooms now available again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Looks like it costs extra for breakfast. Still good value.

• Advertisement

kc66 wrote: »
    Looks like it costs extra for breakfast. Still good value.

ah for €23 what do you want?? jam on it??? its a 4* hotel and you get tickets to the gig as well! I think that's preeeettttyyyy sweet at that price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

€23 bargain!!!

Thanks OP have this booked now, should be a bit of craic!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

ah for €23 what do you want?? jam on it??? its a 4* hotel and you get tickets to the gig as well! I think that's preeeettttyyyy sweet at that price!

I said it's a good deal. Was emphasising the point that breakfast is not included as the text of the deal is a bit misleading: "Why not then stay & enjoy a late breakfast served until 12 noon & a complimentary late check out at 2pm."

And its €46 for 2 people, there are deals out there incl breakfast for that price (no tics though!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

just booked it savage deal would pay that iunto the cinema nearly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

fully booked now boo hoo:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

My wife booked us a room for this :)
    Plus my birthday is ion the 16th.

€23 can't go wrong for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

do you only get late check out if you order the breakfast?:rolleyes:

"Why not then stay & enjoy a late breakfast served until 12 noon & a complimentary late check out at 2pm."

or do all guests get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

do you only get late check out if you order the breakfast?:rolleyes:

"Why not then stay & enjoy a late breakfast served until 12 noon & a complimentary late check out at 2pm."

or do all guests get it?

If check out is 2 pm then it's irrelevent if you get breakfast or not. You could ring them to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kjpdel

just to confirm, check out is 2pm, breakfast or not

seems to be all booked up - pity :)

Big thanks to the OP who posted this bargain! We had a great night, the comedy gig was really enjoyable (had never seen Joe Rooney before but really enjoyed his material), then had a bit of a bop in the night club and a few drinks and then lazed a few hours away in the spa pool and hot tub. Just what the doctor ordered and a total bargain at €23 each! Gold star for the OP! :D

Advertisement