Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights in the sky

Options
  • 11-02-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭

Hi eveyone. Was just wondering if anyone seen the bright burning fireball in the sky at about 8 o clock last night?i was driving down by Sundays well with my friends when we seen it. It was massive and really low travelling from east to west across the sky.
    I just got a txt off my friend saying there was another in the sky travelling in the oposite direction but higher just an hour ago. I went out the my back garden with my sister to see it and sure enough we could see it. This isn't a wind up I swear, please write back if you seen it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

I saw one yesterday morning at about 07.50.

Weird. And no mention on the news or anything?

Anyone know what they are about?

Thanks,
    Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Just Googled it, and apparently there were meteorites last week. But nothing about the past two days.

Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

ya maby ther's just a load of meteors or something at the moment, i don't know how these things work like. All i can say is the first one was massive and travelling relatively slow.I'd love to know what the story behind it was

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Chinese lanterns?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Vivara wrote: »
    I saw one yesterday morning at about 07.50.

Weird. And no mention on the news or anything?

Anyone know what they are about?

Thanks,
    Ed.

Got this mail this morning:
    The International Space Station (ISS) which is currently docked to the Space Shuttle Endeavour, mission STS 130 will be visible over Cork at precisely 07.28 to 07.32 am travelling from West to East almost overhead.

This is one of the very rare opportunities to view this spectacle due to the currently clear skies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

will it happen again tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Gstore.ie (Tony)

Very high possibility that these are chinese lanterns, we have sold a lot of them due to it being chinese new year this time of year.

Regards
    Tony

www.gstore.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Advertisement