Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Dublin County Council New Waste Collection

Options
  • 11-02-2010 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hi

Was wondering if anyone from the South Dublin County Council area can tell me where they got the new stickers for the black bins from?
    If they came in the post when were they sent out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Binmen put them on one day during their rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i got some in the post last friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Was wondering if anyone from the South Dublin County Council area /QUOTE]

Snob :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

RoadKillTs wrote: »

Snob :D

:confused:

sdcc area includes tallaght

And Clondalkin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

And crumlin....

Those two towns are the epitome of snobbery :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

in my area people have them on their bins but we dont have one. it didnt seem to come in the post either, thats why Im wondering.

So which is it post or binmen???

Binmen for me. Maybe it depends on the area?

from sdcc.ie
    #2 My bin is not registered – what do I have to do?
    Please contact Environmental Services Department on the customer contact form giving us your name, address and contact details.

So email the council or ring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

And crumlin....

Those two towns are the epitome of snobbery :pac:

Isnt crumlin Dublin City?

Anywho.. The stickers were put on while the bins were being registered and arent required for your bin to be emptied. According to the person I rang "Me Bins been micra chippt and itll be grand".

Cant see anything on the bin but sure enough, it was collected no problem. Ring 4149000 and give them your address, they'll be able to tell you if the bin has been registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

Thanks Stee, that sounds good.

We tried ringing that number but we couldnt get through, I think there may have been a go slow on but anyhow I will try again.

Question answered , thread can be closed now. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

id still try and get through to make sure its registered. also, because of the water supply being cut, the lines are very busy. it took me a few attempts, each about twenty minutes on hold. when you get through to reception, dont ask for environmental services, youll just end up on hold again. the people at reception should be able to check for you, so ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well I put out my bin this morning checked my account 8 euros ready for collection the lid was down so not over flowing and they didn't collect it yet they collected the neighbours anyone run into issues like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Panda ftw :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Panda ftw :cool:

Panda Household Bin Charge Total Yearly cost € 282.00 vs well under €200 for the SDCC service (recycle!), no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

We've been trying to register our bin on www.sdcc.ie, we entered the bin bar code, sent the application form and still nothing arrived by mail.
    The phone 4149000 is automated and it says to go to website and that they are working on it. Damned birds ripped the trash bags and it looks like waste dump. I don't want to go knacker way and leave my trash at the bus stops like some do... What to do ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Get onto your local councillor (Cllr Eamonn Maloney for example) and get them to sort it out for you. We had it sorted within days thanks to Eamonn Maloney

(no connection, just a happy customer ;))

Advertisement