Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel

Options
  • 11-02-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi All, I am heading to belfast in March for a few days, looking for a hotel in the city with parking if possible. Can anyone recommend one. I would like one as close to bars, shops etc. I am designated driver and will have one night out drinking so I would like hotel to be near at hand for me to fall home on that night..:pac::p:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Europa is the classic one, close to everything. Has parking next door in the multi-storey.
    http://www.hastingshotels.com/europa/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

The Days Hotel on Hope Street I think is the only hotel is Belfast city centre that has free parking for residents! I have stayed there plenty of times...plenty of southerners stay there as well as there have been many southern reg cars in the car park the times I've been there!
    Some hotels have car parks beside them, but you pay a discounted rate of probably 6 or 8 quid for 24 hours! Best to check with the hotel before you book or check out tripadvisor.com.
    The Days are also pretty cheap...well they were the last time I stayed there about a year ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Swingguru

I live in Belfast and on business when I have guests coming I put them into the Park Inn just off Bedford St. Lovely hotel with an excellent bar attached. Bang smack in the middle of all the nite-life as well. Would highly recommend and not too expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭pink100

Thanks everyone for your replies..was talking to someone who was up in Belfast at Christmas and they said they stayed in the Fitzwilliam Hotel and it was lovely..is this in centre of town.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Swingguru

The Fitzwilliam is excellent. 5 star right in the heart of Belfast. Car park is also right beside it. If the rate is within your budget then I would have no hesitation in recommending it. I've stayed in the Dublin Fitz, which is wonderful, and the Belfast Fitz is of equal (if not better) standard. The Dublin Fitz has the best baths ever by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Can't beat the Merchant Hotel. It's fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Forgot to say, if you like cocktails, it has the best cocktails in Ireland. It's like stepping into a different era.

Advertisement