Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reach BETA

Options
  • 11-02-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

May 3rd :D

Mark your calendars people!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Day one of when my study period for exams begins. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

how will we get to play the new reach beta when it comes out,,is it just as easy as poping the odst disc into the xbox or will we need to sign up to someting else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I'll sign whatever they want me to!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I'm booking it off work now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

how will we get to play the new reach beta when it comes out,,is it just as easy as poping the odst disc into the xbox or will we need to sign up to someting else

I would guess that there will be an update to ODST to add an option to download/play the beta on the main menu for ODST since you need a copy of the game to enter the beta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 N00binator

All you need to do is keep your halo 3:ODST disk till its out and when u go on ODST you get the invatation
    P.S you need XboxLive membership

Lots of lovely new multiplayer news. Roll on the BETA!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62865

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

I believe the source code for Reach is on the ODST disc so there will be no major downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i doubt it, they wouldnt have put anything on the odst disk as it is still a work in progress, itll be a download.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lultam

http://www.bungie.net/Projects/Reach/default.aspx

Beta looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. Can't wait to try out the DMR. I really like the idea of divisions, hopefully that'll mean no more boosters :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭turnfan

just mentioned this on another thread, but FYI...
    Picked up ODST today in Gamestop (for the Beta) and got a free €10 prebook on Halo Reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

turnfan wrote: »
    just mentioned this on another thread, but FYI...
    Picked up ODST today in Gamestop (for the Beta) and got a free €10 prebook on Halo Reach.

How much as a matter of interest?

A mate needs a copy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭turnfan

I had some Music CDs to trade in, so it cost me nowt.
    but it was €29.99 , with the €10 prebook, seemed like a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

reach_byebye.gif

So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

reach_byebye.gif

So good.

the 360 is truley 360 now by the looks of it lol ,,cant wait for it in fairness ,,the death moves look a bit mortal combaty lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Noob here. I have odst. Is the beta multiplayer only? What exactly becomes available on the 5th?

BETA is multiplayer only. Available May 3rd. Right now the only playlists available are Grab Bag and FFA. More will will become available as BETA progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

got me an early beta code :p:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Are there any more beta codes floating about?

I've seen some have been published during the night but they were all used up by the time I woke up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Don't have odst anymore would it be possile to get a loan of the disk or rent it to be able download it?

• Advertisement

I think you're chance to get a code is gone. You'll have to wait until monday. And yes a rented or borrowed copy should get you in.

Is that a DMR in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Screenshot.ashx?fid=16578&size=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Started playing halo again at just the right time. Had some ODST multiplayer today and it was great. Looking forward to the day off tomorrow playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

Lenny wrote: »
    Don't have odst anymore would it be possile to get a loan of the disk or rent it to be able download it?
    You need ODST everytime you want to play the beta, unless you got a beta code.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Not long left yet :o

I got 3 rings of death today :( ...but the issue seemed to have fixed itself, one day before halo reach... if something happens ill not be one bit happy, shud be here by night time today!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

-=al=- wrote: »
    Not long left yet :o

I got 3 rings of death today :( ...but the issue seemed to have fixed itself, one day before halo reach... if something happens ill not be one bit happy, shud be here by night time today!

Have my OSDT disc in and all I'm getting is an option to preview the beta but no option to play it yet?

Anybody else managed to get into the beta yet?

Thanks,
    Neon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

If youve a beta code you can, i don't think its out over here until 6pm...

General access is stepped to stop xbox live from exploding from too many users downloading the same large file at once and ending the world as we know it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

shud be here by tonight, its like around lunchtime PST time, so what 9pm here or so?

anslo my xbox decided to break yesterday 4 months after its warranty is up... 1 day before halo reach.... this is awfull!!!!!

no 3 red rings, just 1 sometimes and the games jsut freeze a few minutes into play :(:( ...sucks a lot error 79 i get sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

It's now available to download through the ODST campaign disk.

Thanks,
    LK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Downloading it right now :D

Advertisement