Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATM Finsbury Park Sunday 6th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Have to register with passport style photo, and can only realy buy one unless ya know other peoples uniqure registration codes'. And for some reason, I think it'l be linited to English people. Read something that ya need the postal code of the other person, which might hamper others getting tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Thanks for that Tony, best of luck to ye and everyone in getting tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

did they not get no1 here too??

Anyways reg'd for finsbury park. used 00353 as zip code??

hope it works

frAg

Would N/A not work for zip code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

The site seemed to suggest that as long as you remember what you used as your postcode you should be fine because they would require an exact match when you "buy" the tickets next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I entered my UK postcode but this whole thing smells of bull****, I don't understand, I mean if I am approved and I go back at 9am on Wednesday do I just have to put the code in and hope I win a ticket...or is there an hourly draw, I'm just not sure what's going on with the whole thing?

Still, if I get a ticket or two, I will be delighted because I've always wanted to see the band live and as an act of protest I've never wanted to pay for the actual gig;)

Its nice that they have the passport style photos so you can't sell them on EBay, and they're prob not gonna be sent out until May, just to make sure you can't "alter" them....I wonder who support will be for this one?

I entered my UK postcode but this whole thing smells of bull****, I don't understand, I mean if I am approved and I go back at 9am on Wednesday do I just have to put the code in and hope I win a ticket...or is there an hourly draw, I'm just not sure what's going on with the whole thing?

Still, if I get a ticket or two, I will be delighted because I've always wanted to see the band live and as an act of protest I've never wanted to pay for the actual gig;)
    No it seems to be a normal sale except instead of a credit/debit card you put in a registration number for each ticket you are "buying" upto a maximum of two. The "approval" is just that your picture is a) of a person and b) clear enough for them to see what you actually look like to minimise touting. Wouldn't want to be the guy who has to look at 40,000 pictures though :o

I too dislike paying for things I like and supporting artists that produce enjoyable music.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Wouldn't want to be the guy who has to look at 40,000 pictures though :o

Haha, I think it'd be a great laugh! The photo I had to submit was well awful!

Irish Halo wrote: »
    No it seems to be a normal sale except instead of a credit/debit card you put in a registration number for each ticket you are "buying" upto a maximum of two.

Well that makes sense, ok, I hope I can get one on Wednesday then!

Quick update, I've received a conformation email with a registration code and details of what to do on Wed. I've also been told my picture is approved. So, no worries there, just waiting to see what happens next.....bring on Wed

Free Finsbury Park gig played, Rage Against The Machine fly over to Dublin on June 8 for an O2 show, which goes on sale on Friday February 19. Tickets are €67.50.

The band still appear to be celebrating ‘Killing In The Name’ getting to number one at Christmas ahead of Joe McElderry’s ‘The Climb’.

Last week also found Tom Morello playing a guerilla gig outside the Disneyland Hotel in support of five employees who’ve gone on hunger strike in a bid to get better health care.

Morello in solo Nightwatchman mode performed seven songs including a cover of Woody Guthries’s ‘This Land Is Your Land’.

“Take it easy,” he said at the end, “but take it!”

• Advertisement

Free Finsbury Park gig played, Rage Against The Machine fly over to Dublin on June 8 for an O2 show, which goes on sale on Friday February 19. Tickets are €67.50.

Flippin' hell, the flight to London will be cheaper than the ticket for the O2!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

frag420 wrote: »
    did they not get no1 here too??
    Nope Joe did.

To anyone who is attempting to get tickets - the site is constantly down, nothing is happening, and pressing reload a million times doesn't work....the server obviously couldn't cope and the system has failed! This is complete bull**** and just goes to show you cannot depend on anything they tell you is free...I've been trying for 20 minutes haven't even been able to load the sites main page once....

To anyone who is attempting to get tickets - the site is constantly down, nothing is happening, and pressing reload a million times doesn't work....the server obviously couldn't cope and the system has failed! This is complete bull**** and just goes to show you cannot depend on anything they tell you is free...I've been trying for 20 minutes haven't even been able to load the sites main page once....

Didn't help that ya could start ordering from at least 08.55....thats when I clicked the 'book here' thing for them. So cold've been before that too.

Doing my nut in at the mo, however this always happens with See Tickets, their servers are crap. As much as I hate Ticketbastard at least they can run a large ticket sale like this without their servers sitting down and you know pretty quickly if you were successful or not :mad:

I should also mention it took me 25 mins waiting to get Muse Wembley pre-sale tickets. SeeTickets fail!

I got a ticket - happy days :D

After literally an hour of hitting ctrl+f5 I have tickets (waiting on confirmation email), I hate See Tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

youve given me some faith ill keep F5-ing for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dimejinky9

I've got 4 windows and hitting refresh..no luck so far but it's probably what everyones doin. gonna keep at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Mushy wrote: »
    Didn't help that ya could start ordering from at least 08.55....thats when I clicked the 'book here' thing for them. So cold've been before that too.

no, it was 8:55, i was on it at 8:50 and went live at five to nine...

Got mine at 10.35.
    EDIT: Have people got confirmation emails? And how come the country doesn't show up for the postal address?

Got mine at 11.40

2hrs and 50mins after first trying....that's right folks, they are still there, but its bloody hard work;)

I can see this on Watchdog!

Still nowhere near as stressful as trying to buy Pearl Jam tickets through 10c - of you can survive that, then you can survive anything :D

Hope everyone got sorted!

now it says they're gone

that's right kids, its sold out.....120,000 applied for 40000 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Got mine thanks to someone on the campaign facebook. No mention of Ireland in my address though!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

to those who got a ticket... what did it say when u got them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Thanks, ---- for ordering

You have booked
    2 GENERAL ADMISSION ticket(s)

Your tickets will posted to you free by first class post to the address you registered with below:

----
    ----

THIS IS NOT PROOF OF BOOKING - CONFIRMATION WILL BE SENT VIA E-MAIL to ....@msn.com. THIS MAKE TAKE UP TO SIX HOURS.

IN THE EVENT THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO SECURE THE FUNDS WE WILL CANCEL YOUR TICKETS AND CONFIRM THIS BY E-MAIL.

This transaction will appear on your statement as 'EVENT TICKETS'.

Tickets will be sent out nearer to the event date.

We will send you an email shortly to confirm your order details and reference number. Please note that due to high demand this email may take 6 hours to reach your inbox.

To make sure your email server accepts emails from 'seetickets.com' click Here.

Thank you for booking online - enjoy the show!

I'd hate to be that person who paid for 1st class post and then realised there was no money in their account - thus loosing the tickets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dimejinky9

Anyone still waiting on their confirmation mail? havent gotten mine yet.

Advertisement