Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Forum Beers:: Details Inside. EVERYONE WELCOME!

• 12-02-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭

Right. It's time to decide a date for the second Waterford Beers of recent times. The last one was great craic so I'd encourage everyone to give it a try anyway.

Last time out, we met in Downses and went on from there. It worked out pretty well so I see no reason to change.

I've added a poll and you can choose multiple options.

If interested, choose whatever dates suit you. Multile dates can be selected. If choosing 'Other', specify in the thread.

The thread can obviously be used for any questions/discussion too. Vote away.

Mod Edit:

This event has now been confirmed.

Date: Saturday, February 27th,
    Time: 20:30

EVERYONE from a regular poster, to a rare poster and even lurkers who do not post are always welcome. Pop along and say hello. Post in thread for contact information for the organisers or for any questions. :) Looking forward to seeing you all.

What dates suit you for the Waterford Forum Beers? 20 votes

Friday, February 26th
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday, February 27th
    25% 5 votes
    Friday, March 5th
    40% 8 votes
    Saturday, March 6th
    15% 3 votes
    Other (Please Specify)
    20% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

here here, i picked the feb weekend because its closer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Right, we've had 6 people vote but only 2 post. Whoever's voted, care to tell us who you are. Because at the moment, it looks like it's myself and Ziedth heading out for the night!

And without posts, this thread will slide down the board and off the first page.

C'mon lads (and lasses), get voting (and posting)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I didn't vote, as it's unlikely I'll make it. With two very young kids, I have to pick my battles :)

Posting here to keep the thread going, and hoping to join ye soon enough...

Have fun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I work weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

voted the 27th , could have it in the gentlemans club ......lol
    it would be great to put a few faces to the people on here

• Advertisement

gscully wrote: »
    I didn't vote, as it's unlikely I'll make it. With two very young kids, I have to pick my battles :)
    I work weekends.

Boooo. :p

hellfireie wrote: »
    voted the 27th , could have it in the gentlemans club ......lol
    it would be great to put a few faces to the people on here

Sssshhhh. Don't be telling people our secret plan!

Yeah the last one was a really good night. And Downses suits perfectly because it's quiet in there and you can actually talk to the other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Yeah Feb 27th suits me grand. Should be good craic. Downes is ideal to start at location. Up in Dublin that day with the job but will be back at 9ish.

Odats wrote: »
    Yeah Feb 27th suits me grand. Should be good craic. Downes is ideal to start at location. Up in Dublin that day with the job but will be back at 9ish.

Good to hear!

The 27th is racing into an early lead anyway.

Poll is open until half eleven on Monday night, just in case anyone missed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Looks like 27th is winning on this and Im in Galway the weekend. Sorry. Have fun though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

Any of the 4 dates suits me, favour Saturdays though.

• Advertisement

27th suits me too. Should be a good laugh!

Right so lads, just over a day to go and the poll closes. Looks like Saturday Febrary 27th is the favourite at the moment.

Some notable absences form our discussion. What about our venerable forum mod? Or Seanybiker who apparently forgot about the last one!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry lads, up to my eyes with work. I *should* be able to make this anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

how active on the waterford forum do you need to be to go to this

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

how active on the waterford forum do you need to be to go to this

Lurker or Poster - everyone is welcome. You can bring along a friend even if they have no interest in Boards.ie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

i is back! i was away for a while cos of the big hack and my password goin missing and the whole poker forum collapsing

ye im up for the 27th. the week after is rag week and it could get messy and expensive so the 27th is good. downses sounds good

Sully wrote: »
    Lurker or Poster - everyone is welcome. You can bring along a friend even if they have no interest in Boards.ie :)

Absolutely, the more the merrier.
    i is back! i was away for a while cos of the big hack and my password goin missing and the whole poker forum collapsing

ye im up for the 27th. the week after is rag week and it could get messy and expensive so the 27th is good. downses sounds good

Good lad! Now if we can get Admmm to come along, we'll at least equal what we had last time.

And maybe Sully won't disappear quite as quick this time!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    And maybe Sully won't disappear quite as quick this time!

Ill make sure that I am not dragged away this time for sure! :) The last night was great, shame I could not stay longer - so hopefully this time will be even better with a larger crowd.

it seems to be the 27th so. Should be good laugh now, its going to be allot easier for people to meet now too seeing as a few of us have met already. nearer the time i'll post up that those who are new can pm me for my number and just text when ya near.

Ziedth. wrote: »
    it seems to be the 27th so. Should be good laugh now, its going to be allot easier for people to meet now too seeing as a few of us have met already. nearer the time i'll post up that those who are new can pm me for my number and just text when ya near.

Yeah and maybe a little description of what you look like so there isn't someone walking around Downses wondering if any of the people are "from the internet". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Ill try and come along it sounds like a bit of craic!!
    you could meet up outside first for those who are worried they would go to the wrong crowd and be mortified all you'd need to do is show up at the set time, it can be a bit intimidating going in to a bar full of people not knowing who your looking for!
    Yeah and maybe a little description of what you look like so there isn't someone walking around Downses wondering if any of the people are "from the internet".
    Something tells me we're going to get a bunch of descriptions resembling a group of Ricky Martins

jayboi wrote: »
    Ill try and come along it sounds like a bit of craic!!
    you could meet up outside first for those who are worried they would go to the wrong crowd and be mortified all you'd need to do is show up at the set time, it can be a bit intimidating going in to a bar full of people not knowing who your looking for!
    Something tells me we're going to get a bunch of descriptions resembling a group of Ricky Martins

Nah in fairness all you need is a description of Ziedth and you'd be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pink carnation and copy of the Morning Post?

well downes wont be busy anyway but what we did last time was anyone who didn't know someone going pm'd me for my mobile number then when they were close text me and i text back explaining were we were in the pub. It wont be hard to find us for anyone that would be put off coming in by that

Nah in fairness all you need is a description of Ziedth and you'd be grand!
    Yes, yes he's right.

Right so.

With an overwhelming majority, Saturday February 27th is the chosen date for the Beers. The venue is Downes'. Time to be decided but I'd imagine it'll be around 20:00 or so. Will get Sully to put up an announcement a little closer to the time.

So who's actually going? I am anyway so that's one!

Count me in. Just someone PM and remind me when to put up an announcement ;)

Sully wrote: »
    Count me in. Just someone PM and remind me when to put up an announcement ;)

Will do.

I'm in so thats three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

Four.
    And somebody please wear a fancy hat. Best recognition ever ;-)

Advertisement