Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Cult heroes in football

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Andy Myler, ex Shamrock Rivers, Waterford and Lonford Town, but best remembered and loved by Athlone Town supporters to this day.Sadly we failed to Get promoted that year. On breaking the league scorer record that during the promotion run , he grabbed a poster of himself given to him after scoring and did a little parade around the corner flag.Brilliant player

One poster was spot on about Ray Parlour.But I considered him as a bone fide legend,backbone of the Arsene Wenger era.Who would have taught that he would be the player to shine for Arsenal. Martin Keown has to get a mention there too. Although world class,I always go the impression, and despite being national captain, that Gilberto De Silva did not get enough credit.(remember that graham Cavanaugh tackle,and Robbies sitter)

Spot on too about Zinedine Kilbane, always gave commitment, his Everton period was his best. He was able to do a mazzy run or two.(lord that was a great Ireland team with Roy Keane in 2001 -2002)

What about Jimmy Flyyod Hasslebank, brilliant.Even Roy Keane thought of him when whinging about cheese sandwiches

For his decent spell at Arsenal but turning it around at Celtic, like Chris Sutton, I consider John Hartson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

im off for Chinese new year now and wont be online for a week but before i go i have one thing to say... FORSHAME!

almost 100 posts into a thread entitled Favourite Cult Heroes in football and Paul McGrath is yet to be mentioned, tut tut.

zmcgrath.jpg

Villa fans call him god and still chant his name at every game and he just so happened to be (my opinion atleast) the best ever Irish defender, add his personality into the mix and you have a bonafide Cult hero.

McGrath status goes way way beyond mere cult hero that is why he was not mentioned, it was assumed. The man is still a genius and a genuine national treasure. Was my favourite Ireland player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

John Terry

(oh, sorry! Thread says Cult)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Jimmy Glass at Carlisle. Legendary stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

MarcoMaterazzi_2358446.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Hell yeah! Marco was the man. No other player could throw out such utter filth and then act innocent after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

hughes-br1.jpg?w=1200

Andy hughes of Charlton.

Played at leeds for 3 years while down the divisions. Always gave his all, even though a limited player. On saturday, Leeds played charlton and all the Leeds players wore black armbands in rememberance of Kevin Speight and Christopher Loftus (killed 13 years ago on Friday). Hughes himself also wore one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Mark Rutherford

177129.jpg
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    He always looked better in red ;):p

2503613824_906d0867a5.jpg

It's saddening to see him in Rovers' and Shels' colours after the success he had at Bohs.

88-mark_takes_on_alton_thelwell.jpg

Beating Spurs 3-1 in the above pic!

Advertisement