Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collect Parcel in Wales and deliver it to Cork.

Options
  • 12-02-2010 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

I want a courier to collect a parcel in Wales and deliver it to me in Cork.

Anybody recommend a company ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Cork forum, as someone may know a local company that could oblige.

Have you tried the usual suspects - DHL, Fedex etc?

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

TNT are usually cheaper than DHL / Fed-Ex / UPS from the UK. You will need to know the weight and package dimensions to organise it though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Try DPD, I've found them cheap
    But do a google search there are loads out there looking for business now.
    https://www.transglobal.org.uk/
    Are ok too

But it all depends on the size/weight of the parcel

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I used Parcel2go.com to collect here and ship to UK.

Their Irish partner is Nightline who are reputable.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Agree with others. I'd avoid FEDEX etc as they're expensive and more geared towards the corporate market. I got a few kgs of Jeep parts brought over from GB a year or so ago for around €10 and I think it was Parcel2go/Nightline. Definitely shop around on the www.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

I got my parcel collected in Wales by DHL and delivered to me in Ireland by DHL through the website Parcel2go.com for 26 euro all in. (18.06 sterling +0.72 Fuel surcharge + Vat)

I booked it Sunday afternoon. It was collected in Wales at about 10.30am Monday morning and it was delivered to me in the sticks in Co. Cork at about 10.30am today(Wednesday).

I had a look at a few websites and found it hard to get one that I could book online to collect in the UK and deliver to Ireland.
    No problems on Parcel2go.com.

I filled in my details and they came back with a choice of couriers.
    Various options from Parcel Force, DHL and Fedex.
    Fedex economy service was two pounds sterling cheaper, but it was a 5 day service.

My parcel was 7kg. So it ruled out the 5kg and under option from ParcelForce on this website for 13.99 sterling + Vat.

I am very happy with the service I got from Parcel2go.com and DHL.:)
    The company I bought the goods from wanted to charge me over 60 pounds sterling:eek: to send me this parcel.

Tracking info on Parcel2go is basic, but I went on to the DHL website and entered my tracking number and got a much more detailed and up to date status.

I just had a look on this website at sending a parcel from Ireland to UK and it offers the courier Nightline only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Thanks for coming back to update, someone else will definitely find this useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Thanks for coming back to update, someone else will definitely find this useful.

No Probs. I wanted to update as a way of a thankyou for the info posted.

P.S.
    I wanted to try and support local business first, so I tried to contact the Cork office of a franchcise courier. No phone answered at 5pm Friday evening and Saturday morning. Replied to my email on Monday.
    Although they deliver to UK, they do not collect from UK and anyway they don't normally do one off's. :confused:

Advertisement