Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmusic guitar rip off

Options
  • 12-02-2010 4:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭

i was browsing through both thomann (German guitar shop shipping around europe and probably all around) and Xmusic (irish local guitar shop doing the same thing) and i found this

http://www.thomann.de/ie/cort_z42_wr.htm

€195.00 (free shipping over €200)

and this

http://www.xmusic.ie/product.php?productid=18143&cat=275&page=2

€279.00 (apparently saving 20%)

So how in gods earth could i get a guitar shipped all the way from germany for €85 euro cheaper working on the same vat rates.

Xmusic the dirty misleading b&stards!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

did you say it to them at the counter? they usually price match as far as im aware...

they are quite good up there i've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I've been comparing prices for acoustic guitars on xmusic & thomann. I agree with the OP, xmusic is definitely more expensive.

OP, there is nothing stopping you going to xmusic, play /try out the instrument you like, ask them to match thomann, if not, simply buy it off thomann directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Isnt Thomann the cheapest supplier of musical equipment anyway? And as far as I know xmusic is one of the cheaper ones in Dublin too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You have a brand new Guitar delivered to your doorstep from Thormond with a hairline crack or flaw in the body, there will be a lot of explaining and waiting going on before you get sorted with your new Guitar.

Go into Xmusic and you can inspect and try out your new Guitar to your own satisfaction. And if there is a warranty problem in future there will be less hassle to bark over a counter in Dublin than exchanging emails and long distance trunk calls to a foreign company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

You have a brand new Guitar delivered to your doorstep from Thormond with a hairline crack or flaw in the body, there will be a lot of explaining and waiting going on before you get sorted with your new Guitar.

Go into Xmusic and you can inspect and try out your new Guitar to your own satisfaction. And if there is a warranty problem in future there will be less hassle to bark over a counter in Dublin than exchanging emails and long distance trunk calls to a foreign company.

You pay for what you get. But to be honest in the unlikely hood of that happening I would still be happier dealing with Thormond then a shop in dublin for 85 quid less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Evolute wrote: »
    You pay for what you get. But to be honest in the unlikely hood of that happening I would still be happier dealing with Thormond then a shop in dublin for 85 quid less.
    €85 is not 85 quid.

Advertisement